Chapter Thirty-Five: Future's Obvious Outcome

Chapter Thirty-Five: Future’s Obvious Outcome

ERIN searched for her aunt Maine but she was nowhere in sight.

And Philip, too, was gone.

Her hand rattled as her thoughts suggested that maybe Maine and Philip went on a date. It’s not a ridiculous notion, considering that the two will eventually get married in the future.

It’s a good thing that her parents were both busy with the baby Erin while Aunt Jean opened her arms to welcome the walking babies in her arms. Jean’s son, Andreus, looked squishy and vulnerable as he walked on the lawn.

How she wished she could strangle the baby version of her childhood friend. He is quite condescending towards her and acts like an army general whenever she tries to have a decent conversation with him.

Andreus walked towards the baby Erin and hugged her like a plush toy. The baby Erin giggled and kissed his lips.

Oh no. Erin’s cheeks reddened.

Did she just witness her first kiss?!

Her mother, Hyacinth, laughed as Aunt Jean chuckled. Max scowled and went to get his baby. “No kissing until you’re fifty years old.”

Andrei laughed at that. “They’re adorable, Bismarck. Let them be. They’re babies.”

Oh, no. Absolutely not.

“Ray-ray!” Her Aunt Jean called the baby. He hardly looked like a baby with his height and plumpness. They’re toddlers, technically, but only the baby version of Ray gave justice to the word.

Her father searched for something around the lawn and his eyes landed on hers.

“Where’s Maine?” He mouthed that question.

Should she tell her father that Aunt Maine probably went somewhere with Uncle Philip? She shuddered. Erin had recalled from her Aunt Maine’s stories in the future that her father was against the relationship between the couple. It took him a long time to accept the idea that his baby sister is bound to have a scandalous relationship with Philip before marriage.

The two were the contents of gossip columns. They were found making out here and there. Erin blushed at the internet articles she had read in the future with her married Aunt Maine.

Oh yes, she should lie to her father and tell him that Aunt Maine has an upset stomach. She nodded decisively and went to her parents.

“Aunt Maine said she consumed a bad salad.” Erin tried to sound empathetic with that sentence.

Max frowned at her. “But we never had a salad.”

“Oh no, Dad. Aunt Maine ate our leftovers from last, last night.”

Max searched his pocket and fished the phone out of it. He called someone and asked if Maine had left the house.

Hyacinth smiled at Erin. “Honey, your father knows you’re lying. Your upper lip sweats when you lie.”

Oh, yeah. It does. Erin wiped the moisture off her upper lip.

Then, she heard her father curse over and over. “Philip took her with him.”

Hyacinth went to her husband’s side and massaged his shoulder. “Hey, it’s okay. You already know the future of those two. They’ll end up together, anyway.”

Max massaged his temples while Jean’s eyes widened in shock. Andrei took the baby boy with him and gave them privacy.

“Maine and Philip ended up together in the future?!” Jean’s eyes were about to pop out of its socket.