Chapter Twenty-Five: Newlywed Bliss

A FEW weeks after their wedding, Max left for a business trip to the Western Isles. He said it will be only for two months and promised to return home soon.

Hyacinth is left with taking care of Erin and Maine's homeschooling. She made sure that the two always finishes their respective homework and research projects before going outside to go shopping. Because Hyacinth is free to do whatever she wished, she began writing letters and sealing them with glittered wax. It was a newfound hobby of hers after Max bought an expensive smartphone for her use.

"You need that phone because I can't message you otherwise. There's a specific app there for receiving and replying to my messages..." he had said to her while she was busy examining the new gadget.

She accepted the gadget after he insisted to give her a NorIsles Express Black Card. He had insisted that she needed the card for expenses but she fervently refused it, suggesting that if she needed something, she can buy it with her savings.

But he left it on the mahogany table near their bed, anyway. He said that the card is under her name and he had no use for it whatsoever. When she protested, he had already pinned her to the bed and was urgently removing her clothes with a grin on his face. A few minutes after that, her protests were replaced with soft gasps and inaudible cries of passion.

Max is a generous husband, both in money and bed. He shopped new clothes for her and availed exclusive memberships for her so that she could enter into establishments and buy luxury items. They argued one time about him being controlling with her lifestyle and he apologized by making love with her in the bedroom.

Well, it is a good thing that their bedroom is far away from the other rooms...otherwise, there will be complaints about the late-night noises from them. She blushed at the thought.

After she finished sealing an envelope with a glittered wax, she stamped her customized stamp—it is a letter H surrounded by the flowers lily and hyacinth. Then, she pulled the drawer of her bedside table and placed the newly-sealed envelope in a box full of similar envelopes with wax seals. A soft smile crept on her lips as she surveyed the letters before closing the box.

The next week, she had another appointment with her OB-Sonlogist. The doctor asked about her health and if her husband is going to be with her during the ultrasound. She answered the doctor with one of her gentle smiles and explained that Max is a busy man and wouldn't always be available for her monthly check-ups.

After the doctor's appointment, she went to Moonround cafe to meet Jean. The poor woman needed help and Hyacinth offered to assist Jean with work, considering that she is now a Bismarck and she has every right to support her husband in any way she can.

The Bismarck company employees looked at her with a terrifying expressions as she walked to the elevator with Jean. Her friend explained that the employees were just intimidated by her presence and it seems like everyone in the company thought of her as a beast for tying the intimidating Maximillian Bismarck into the matrimonial knot. She just laughed at the notion while Jean chuckled with a girlish grin.

Hyacinth wouldn't have thought that employees inside the notorious glass building considered the workplace hierarchy as a food chain. Maximillian is the primary consumer and the investors as the secondary ones. And, of course, the employees and interns are located at the bottom of it. Now, they consider Hyacinth as the primary consumer for taming the previous titleholder.

This a ridiculous analogy from Jean Baden-Rodriguez yet it made her laugh and forget the fact that Max didn't witness the growth of their baby via ultrasound. She took a video of it but nothing beats the real experience. Hyacinth remembered how she squealed in excitement when she saw the speck from a month earlier grow a bit bigger.