Chapter Twenty: Boldly, Freely

THEY'VE decided to live every day as if it's their last. Surely, Hyacinth's sudden request should not be a surprise anymore.

But, still, Max was dumbfounded.

He reached for a loose strand on her reddened cheek and tucked it behind her ear. "I've read from an internet article that pregnant women experience increased sexual appetite-"

"No, that's not what this is all about. I just decided to make an effort toward this...engagement. Knowing you intimately won't hurt, will it?"

His eyes sparkled in mischief. "What triggered this initiative, hmm?" Max can't stop the raspiness in his voice. Damn his libido for that.

"Forget it." She shook her head and turned her back on him.

A sly smile formed on his lips. He took a step towards her and bent down to whisper behind her ear. "Okay. Let's meet in your room. Wear your sexiest outfit...and your signature lacy panty."

He could sense the tension building up inside her. She took a deep breath as if controlling the chaos that he roused inside her being. His cock twitched inside his khaki shorts when Hyacinth turned to look at him once more and plastered a playful grin on her lips.

"I'm wearing one right now."

He gulped. Damn it.

Hyacinth's skin glowed and radiated. The constant fear and stress from running away from her father now disappeared from her face. Her expressions became unrestrained. She gained a few pounds these past few weeks under the care of a professional nutritionist. Max is astounded to see the drastic changes in Hyacinth's body in a short time span.

Her hips and thighs are now plump. Her breast filled the cup of her brassiere perfectly. Max was aware of the metamorphosis that occurred in Hyacinth's body very well when she wore an emerald-green string bikini on the beach earlier.

He also noticed how the locals and the tourists watched Hyacinth as she played beach volleyball with Maine and Erin earlier this morning nearby the shore. Men drooled and marveled at her sensual attractiveness that Max was forced to bring the three back to the hotel with him.

He had been overly possessive of his fiancé. Max practically hovered over Hyacinth like a hawk and that gained a mocking glance at Maine.

"You're smitten, Max." Maine giggled after whispering that to his ears.

And he's not an idiot to not notice his behavior.

Maine had been right. He's smitten.

Returning his thoughts to the present, he grabbed Hyacinth's hand where her engagement ring is and lifted it to his lips, licking her knuckles with enough subtlety for passersby. He even grinned when his warm lips reached the pearl of the ring. Hyacinth would never forget that grin of triumph when she finally said yes to his proposal, especially when she was so annoyed when she realized that the South Sea pearl on her ring is studded with diamonds around the band.

She accepted the ring because she thought it was just a simple gold band with a single pearl as a gem. She should've known better. Maximillian Bismarck will never give something small. It had to be extravagant, just like their first date at Chef Goodman's restaurant. Heaven knows how much he had spent in the restaurant, considering that it was Chef Goodman himself who cooked their food. VIP access alone costs more than she could earn in a year of working her ass off.

Hyacinth jerked at the sudden glide of his tongue on her skin. The sudden gleam of wickedness from Max's pools had her core burning and clenching for some reason. She should expect a lot of teasing from him starting today. They're engaged now and they'll get married shortly after their vacation on this island. She should get used to being intimate with him.