Chapter Fifteen: Same Coin

"YOU'VE DISAPPOINTED me, Haya. You didn't even attend your Mom's funeral."

"You're disgusting," she said in a furious voice and snarled.

"Diane saved my life, darling. I owe my life to her."

"You deserved to die, not her."

His father parked the in a restaurant's parking lot and turned to face her. "I lived, too bad. Now, you'll shut up and be a good girl to Daddy." Ben Sinclair's voice is tinted with malice as he engaged the child lock of the car. "I will bring you back to Weltshire. You'll resume your tasks and forget about this noisy, suffocating city. You've been here for too long and this place changed you a great deal."

"Sutton City is heavily guarded by the police. I just sent a message to Mr. Bismarck and he'll see to it that the police are blocking every exit in search of me."

"I know of that, pumpkin. That's why we're going to hide first."

Hyacinth closed her mouth and didn't say anything to taunt Ben Sinclair's temper. Hyacinth needed to protect the baby inside her stomach. It will do her no good to be stressed. She remembered how Jean fervently told her to avoid alcohol and stress while waiting for the Ob-gynecologist to confirm her pregnancy. The soonest an ultrasound can detect a pregnancy is 17 days after ovulation. Jean relayed the information after asking the Bismarck Group's company physician.

Hyacinth touched her stomach with a firm resolve.

Her father asked her to surrender her phone to him and she did so without arguments. Ben Sinclair left the parking lot and proceeded to drive on Main Road.

"You're a thread reader, Haya. A firstborn female in our clan after centuries of waiting. Do you think I only wanted your abilities? I can live a comfortable life after you left. Thanks to you, we don't live in a shit hole anymore and your mom has set aside a sufficient amount for us."

"Then why chase me all the way to Sutton? Why not let me live my life for once?" Her voice is filled with resentment.

"Because you're capable of greater things, Hyacinth. If the Sinclair book didn't disappear years ago, we could've discovered early that a thread reader can produce a time traveler."

Hyacinth closed her eyes firmly as she cursed under her breath. Ben Sinclair noticed her sudden discomfort and exasperation as he looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

"We can bring your mother back again, Haya. Your child can bring Diane back. We can be a family again."

"I'm glad that Mom died. She wouldn't have to see how you turned out. You're a monster, Dad. Admit it!" She vented, not hiding the frustration inside her anymore. "You're a pig!"

"Shut up, Haya! You're stupid to believe that you're normal and, therefore, can live like one but you're not! You're born with a natural power. You're destined to achieve the impossible. I will not let you throw that away for as long as I lived."

She sobbed and covered her face with her palms. Erin...

Hyacinth's mind flashed a memory of Erin and her innocent smiles. Erin's laughter...and how it disappeared as soon as Ben Sinclair takes control of their lives. Erin will experience the same pain she experienced as a child. No!

Ben Sinclair cursed when a black car blocked theirs. Hyacinth's blinked the tears out of her eyes to remove the blur from her eyesight.

A man went out of the car in front of them and proceeded to approach them. Ben's car's headlights illuminated the man's features and strong physique.