5: Zabuza and Haku

After a while, we finally reached it. Well, kind of. We had to go by a little boat to the other side. I sat looking off the edge and into the water. I sighed, I wish I had my family. I could tell them about my missions, they could have held me and told me ‘good job’ when I got my headband. But they were gone. And I didn’t know who killed them. My hand touched my necklace once more. I sighed, the breeze of the cool wind blew through my hair. I ignored everyone’s conversations as I looked into the ocean once more. How beautiful the sight was. Even though the mist was in the way, I could vaguely make out some parts. I felt someone watching me, so I looked to my side. Naruto looked away. Huh. Sasuke was sitting next to me, looking out into the ocean as well. His eyelids were halfway closed, his mouth was slightly turned at the ends as if he had sad thoughts. His eyes showed barely any emotion.

He looked up, noticing my gaze and looked straight at me. I looked back, and my heart felt like it was leaping, my stomach had the feeling of butterflies. I quickly looked away. He looked back at the ocean. I hope I wasn’t falling for Sasuke out of all people. I couldn’t really love. If I did, the people could probably again be taken away from me. My eyes closing all the way and my mouth turned into a grimace as I thought that one thought.

“We’re here.” Tazuna spoke. We got to the shore, I got out and helped Sasuke and Sakura out. Naruto stumbled out by himself and Kakashi helped Tazuna out. We found out that there was more to the mission, a man with a giant sword came out and a boy or girl with a mask came out as well. I backed away. We found out the masked one was a boy named Haku and the man was named Zabuza. I didn’t want to mess with either of them, they looked pretty powerful. I went into the trees to do some big justu. I watched my comrades fight below me as I put my hands together, letting my charka swirl around me. What I was about to do was a Mayuko move. The Mayuko clan, as strong as the Uchiha clan, had moves unknown to the outside world. So, here is one of them. I put my hands together, the chakra went down my feet, through the tree and into the floor. The pain was unbearable, as the roots popped up from the ground, growing faces and sharp teeth, wrapping around Zabuza and biting him in the chest. I felt more of my insides churn as I forced the plant to bite harder. This was a complicated move. If I even turned one inch of my body, I would get seriously hurt. I had to stay perfectly still. Haku went behind me and I froze more then I was already. I let go of the attack on Zabuza and moved out of the way. My arm was cut from pulling back too fast from the move and I fell from the tree and hit the ground hard. I tried to get up, but the haze of my injuries and lack of chakra put me into a humiliating blackout. When I woke up, I was in Sasuke’s arms. He was carrying me. I gave him a disgusted look.

“Let go of me.” I spoke coldly, walking forward.

I walked in the direction Tazuna told us to. Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura tried to tell me how good the jutsu I used was, but I didn’t respond. I wasn’t strong enough. I sucked back there. I hated it. I didn’t even have half the Mayuko power. I needed the kekkei genkai. The Mayuko kekkei genkai was the Medera(work with me here). The Medera were crystal blue defined eyes with black lining the outside of the pupil, also black looking daggers went from where the color rimmed of the eye to the black center of the eye. It had 8. It looked like a dash (*) but bigger, the black lines are like the spikes in a dash. I was deep in thought, until we reached a pleasant looking house.

Tazuna walked in, hugging a woman he said was his daughter. Her name was Tsunami. Her son’s name was Inari. He didn’t speak much and seemed pretty sad. At the dinner table, we all were eating and talking about things when Inari screamed that we would die and we weren’t strong enough, then ran out. Naruto offered to go talk to him, and he left. I walked outside and let the bitter cold air blow my hair back out of my face. The wind numbed my nose. I stood like that until I decided to go inside. I went inside to where my room was (Tsunami told he where), and lay on my bed, clutching onto my necklace. I wondered why my mother gave this necklace to me. Was it just something she had or did it have something I needed? I fell asleep with that thought haunting the center of my dream. All I dreamed about was the bloodred stone glimmering in the moonlight.