12: Orochimaru?...Kabuto?...

Kin was the first to go after me, putting me in a head lock. I stabbed Kin in the upper thigh. She let go, wincing. I shoved her to the ground, kicking her in the head then sliding back. I ran into Dosu, his arm hit me in the ear, sending waves inside my ear. I shouted in pain, collapsing to the floor. I felt blood trickle down my left ear, my right ear was in perfect condition still. I kicked at Dosu’s leg, he tripped and fell onto Kin. Kin was hit with Dosu’s arm. ‘where’s Zaku?’ I thought. I got up, looking around. Rock Lee was fighting as well while I found Dosu. Rock Lee got horribly injured in his ear, like me.

“Go!” I said, trying to push him into safety. He shook his head.

“I vow to protect Sakura!” he said, not budging.

“Go now, I’ll protect her.” I said, he hesitated, then left. I looked over to Sakura, who started to stand. She started to fight with all she could. I nodded at her in approval. I went toward Dosu, kicking him in the chest. He grabbed my leg, pulling it up and then slicing my shin. I whimpered in pain, my teeth clenching. I activated my Medera, looking him dead in the eye. It was the only way to use this.

“Pain.” I whispered coldly. I imagined his chest being ripped in half, his head being smashed into a rock, his temples being stabbed, his throat being slit. Dosu started screaming, writhing in pain on the floor.

“Stop!!” he shouted. I didn’t, I kept going. I imagined his shins being cut, worse then he cut mine. He screamed louder and louder. I felt someone hit the back of my neck and fell to the floor. My attack was stopped. I looked up, gasping. The snake woman who got to Sasuke. But this time he was a man, I was guessing that face of the snake woman was a disguise. He grabbed me by the shoulder, dragging me to another location. I looked at him, trembling.

“What do you want?” I asked. He smiled, his tongue slipping out of his lips and then went back in. It was disgusting. I bit my lip, my eyes were still trying to get used to the Medera. I tried to read his emotions. It didn’t work. I turned off my Medera, then looked at him straight in the eye. “WHAT do you WANT?!” I shouted this time.

“I’m Orochimaru.” he said. I froze.

“What?” I asked, gasping. This was the man I had heard about between the sound ninja. My eagerness got the best of me. “What happened to my clan? Who killed them?!” I asked, my eyes hard.

“Oh, my dear. I’ll tell you later, when you seek me for power.” he said, his voice was so creepy. It made me shudder inside. I didn’t let him see my fear, I only let him see my anger.

“What do you mean?” I snapped, my voice trembled a little now. He answered with a laugh, then his neck extended and he went right next to my neck, licking it with his tongue. I shuddered.

“I have great plans for you and Sasuke.” he whispered. Before I could reply, his teeth sunk into my neck. I let out a blood curling scream, then he was gone. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Shikamaru taking me, bringing me to where my squad was and putting me in a place where I couldn’t be in further harm.

“She’s been out cold, I don’t think you should touch her like that.” I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

“I’m trying to help.” Sakura snapped at him.

“She’s awake you know.” the unfamiliar voice pointed out. My eyes snapped open, I sat up and looked around. We were at some river. It was daytime. I looked at the boy. He had grey hair in a ponytail and glasses.

“Who are you?” I asked, suspicious. “Why have you trusted him?” I asked towards Sasuke, who was sitting around me with Naruto also. 

“Well he kinda saved us.” Naruto said quietly, Sakura hit him.

“Shut up, she’ll get mad!” Sakura whispered harshly at him.

“I’ll pretend like I didn’t hear that.” I rolled my eyes, then looked at the boy. “Name?”

“Kabuto.” he said, smiling slightly. I felt some pain in my neck, I looked at it to see it covered by my hair. Good, I didn’t want anyone to see it.

“Hold on.” I said, getting up and going behind rocks, so they couldn’t see me. I moved my long hair, putting it in a ponytail and touched my bite mark. I winced. I took out some bandages and wrapped it up. When I was done, I sighed and fixed my arm bandages. I was thankful to see my leg wrapped up. Sakura probably did that. I sighed. ‘How come I always get knocked out or faint? Gosh. I hate this. Why do I have a curse mark? What does Orochimaru want?....Hm...Best to keep this a secret. I don’t want anyone to worry about me.’ I thought, then walked back to my team. They told me the game plan on how we were going to get to the tower and stuff.

“Hey, Fubuki is injured. I say to draw less attention, she goes separately and she gets there safely since we’re going and fighting.” Kabuto said. I scowled at him.

“Hey, I’m not that much in...ARRGGGHH!” I shouted in pain when I felt my neck pound in pain. The mark!

“I think one of the sound ninja’s hit her bad in the neck. Probably kin. I don’t know, but she did a hell of a lot of fighting out there.” Sakura said, agreeing with Kabuto.

“No, i’m-ARGH!” I winced, howling in pain. It was no use to try to bite back the screams. It hurt too much. I bit my lip, looking up, eyes hard at Kabuto. “I’m going no matter what.”

Kabuto looked shocked. “Well we’ll call you when we need you.”

“Fuck no! Let me-“ I started screaming again.

“Just agree not to go unless we need you.” Sasuke snapped. “You’re too weak and injured.”

I shook my head. “Fine.” I didn’t care at this point, I would lie to them. I would jump in when they needed help. I knew they would need help! “I’ll be going.” I said harshly.

“Here, take this.” Sakura said, handing me some cooked fish. I took it. Then, I left. I went deep inside the forest, I was undetected. No one would go after me, I looked too determined. I even walked by some weird team, they looked at me then decided against going after me after I glared coldly at them. It was a strategy I used back in the village against perverts. I found a place right next to the tower and sat there, waiting. By the time I got there, it was dark. I took out my canteen and took a sip. I looked ahead, seeing my team and Kabuto. ‘Who does he think he is?’ I thought, shaking my head. I got up, walking over to them and joining in on the fight. It was nearly over when I started though. Every time, I would glance suspiciously at Kabuto. He had a knowing grin on his face.