16: Welcome back, Fubuki!

The mission did last really long, I still kept in contacts with Kakashi and Sakura though. Sakura just wanted to check up on me, oh well. Even Sasuke sent me a message. Naruto was too stupid to realize how to work air mail. I did miss a lot of things, like the new Hokage. Apparently, the last one died right after I left. And the Sand Ninja nearly killed Sasuke. I told Anko I left when it started to get interesting! That was the biggest ‘I told you so’ of my life. Anko walked up to me, cutting off my thoughts.

“We’re going home!” Anko said, smiling.

“Really!?” I was so excited. There was a lot of fighting during this mission, my ninja skills have really improved by a lot. Anko smirked.

“We’re leaving in two hours, get all of your stuff together.” Anko said, leaning on the dresser on the room I was staying in. I got up, pulling out my luggage bag fron under the bed and pulling it onto my bed. I put all my stuff in it, including my new clothes. I had a new ninja outfit, and my hair grew down to below my butt. I haven’t cut it in ages. Anko went to go pack her stuff, then I was waiting by the front door.

“Please do come again.” Akimi said, smiling.

“Yes, we liked you both.” Chiho replied, smiling the same smile. I smiled back. I was lightening up a bit.

“Oh, maybe next time I could bring my squad.” I said, thoughtfully.

“If you wish.” Akimi smiled.

“It would be nice.” Chiho replied.

“Indeed.” Akimi finished.

“Okay, message our Hokage if you need anything.” Anko said, nodding at them, then going through the big doors. I followed, sighing. 

“I think I should be nicer to Sasuke.” I said, thinking.

“Why?” Anko asked.

“Well, in the letter he sent he was a little casual. It started off with ‘Sakura forced me to write this stupid letter to you.’ then ended in a ‘I hope the mission isn’t too troublesome.’ it was actually quite interesting to see Sasuke actually form more words then ‘hn’ or ‘....’ so maybe if I lighten up he’ll be nicer. And more talkative. Then I might be able to hook him up with....Hmm...Sakura.” I replied, thinking at the end. Yes, Sakura would go good with him.

“Oh, well Sakura is working on some healing with lady Tsunade.” Anko explained.

“Well she will have time for Sasuke one way or another.” I said.

“You should meet Tsunade.”

“Have you?”

“She’s got a short temper but if you learn how to cope she’ll be like a new mom to you.”

That was a pang to my heart. I was silent for a moment, then Anko seemed to realize what she had said.

“Oh!” she breathed. “I am so sorry.” she apologized, rubbing the back of her head nervously. I shrugged.

“It’s fine.”

“OH GUESS WHAT?!” she squealed, making me flinch. Sometimes I swear she was just like Naruto.

“What?” I asked, pretending to be amused. I realized how I was acting and nearly slapped myself. Happy faces! I smiled painfully. “Yes, Anko?” I asked.

“Squad seven is going on a mission and will be arriving home the same time we are, so that means you guys will reunite!” she squeaked.

I smiled. “Don’t you know a transportation jutsu?” I asked. Anko nodded. 

“They will be back in a couple minutes.”

“How do you know?” I asked, amused.

“Because I have close contact with all the sensei’s.” Anko answered brightly. I scratched my head.

“Oh yeah.” I replied stupidly.

“Well, when we use the teleporting jutsu be careful because you don’t want to frighten anyone.” Anko said. I nodded. She did a jutsu, landing us right in front of squad seven. Sakura jumped back with a started screech.

“I didn’t do it!” I said guiltily raising my hands up to stop Anko from screaming at me.

“Fine.” Anko muttered, looking to the guard in front of the gate and walking over to talk to him.

Naruto jumped on me and hugged me tight, causing me to stop breathing. I gasped.

“WE’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! EVEN SASUKE CAN ADMIT HE MISSED YOU! AND KAKASHI! AND SAKURA WAS SO SAD BECAUSE YOU WERE GONE AND YOU WERE THE SECOND GIRL ON THE SQUAD!” Naruto shouted gleefully. 

“Can’t....b-breathe!” I gasped. Naruto let go. I smirked, then hugged him. He seemed alarmed. I would never usually hug ANYONE.

“I missed you too, Naruto!” I squealed, then unlatched him and wrapped my arms around Sakura, hugging her. “And you,” then I went to hug Kakashi. “And you,” then I went to Sasuke and hugged him the tightest. “And you!” I giggled, backing up and smiling at my squad. They had priceless expressions. Sasuke’s expression was: 0.0 . Sakura’s expression was: 0_e . Naruto’s expression was: OoO . Kakashi’s was O_\\\\ . I giggled.

“I’ve changed.” I replied.

“I can tell.” Sakura piped up, then looked over to Sasuke, blushing.”right, Sasuke?” she giggled.

“Yes.” Sasuke replied, looking at me oddly. It was a look I’ve never seen in his eyes before. To my surprise, I felt my cheeks heat up.

“eheheh...” I laughed softly, rubbing the back of my head. Sasuke then did something I didn’t expect.

He smiled. SMILED!