24: Flashbacks and broken promises

I walked to the dinner room, seeing everyone else was heading there. I sat next to Suigetsu and Orochimaru as a short cook came out, putting stuff in front of us. Separate plates. We were served teriyaki beef and rice, soup on the side [author: I had nothing else to put]. It was pretty good. I started eating slowly, thinking.

“You know, Sasuke says you’re a bitch.” Karin said, huffing. I laughed, putting down my chopsticks for a moment.

“For a ninja, you seemed pretty focused on getting into Sasuke’s pants. And between you and me, I could get in there easier then you could. But, instead, I’ll leave that jackass alone and get on with being a ninja.” I said, Juugo smirked a tad bit. 

“Woah.” Juugo said, then started laughing. Karin’s face was as red as her hair. 

“Why you-!!” I cut her off by flipping her off. She nearly jumped across the table, I pointed a finger at her and shocked her with a small dose of lightning, making her jump a little. She calmed down, sighing, glaring at me. She sat back down. 

“Good kitty.” I said, in a mock cooing voice. Her lip twitched. When I finished my food, I got up and stretched.

“Well I’m done. Bye.” I said, going to my room and sitting on my bed. I left the door open, then heard footsteps. I looked out to see Sasuke go in the room across from me, he sat down then noticed me. My eye twitched, as I walked over to his room and sat next to him.

“What do you want?” he seethed at me coldly.

“To talk.” I said calmly.

“Yes?” he asked.

“Why do you hate me?” I asked, a frown forming on my face.

“How could I not?” he asked, sighing.

“I didn’t do anything! You left without saying goodbye!” I argued.

“Well I asked you how you would react if I left.” he said.

Flashback>>

“Hey, what would you do if I left the village?” Sasuke asked, uneasy.

“IF you ever left the village, I would get you back.” I replied, not getting it.

“What if it was to gain power? To kill my brother?” he asked. I sat up straighter, my eyes catching his gaze.

“Then I would allow you to.” I replied simply, my eyes softened.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t follow me?” he asked. I sighed.

“Where are you getting at?” I asked.

“No where, just asking.” Sasuke said casually. I stared at him for a moment, then let it drop.

“Okay.”

“And I kept your promise not to follow you.” I said.

“Then why are you here?” he asked.

“For power!” I lied. I didn’t want to tell him until he trusted me again.

“And you forgot I went to Orochimaru?!”

“Yes, Sasuke, I did!”

“Well why him?!”

“Because he bit me before and he was the strongest one!”

“Fubuki, are you teamed up with Naruto and Sakura?”

“No. I haven’t talked to them for such a long time.” I admitted, looking down and sighing.

I felt something wet on my cheek, I lifted my hand to touch what it was. I realized it was a tear, and wiped it away quickly.

“I promised myself I would never cry over you.” I whispered quietly to myself. Sasuke’s expression softened, his thumb brushing away the other tears that decided to fall. I pulled away, shaking my head.

“No, Sasuke.” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“You lied to me too. You said you would be comfortable talking to me.” I said.

Flashback< <

“So if someone went through something you did, wasn’t a stalker fan girl and who could understand your hatred and not ruin it, would you have interest in them?” I asked. His eyes showed realization in what I meant, he closed his eyes, a smirk playing on his lips.

“She would be the only one I would feel comfortable talking to, and maybe if she made the right move I would completely show my lust towards her.” he said.

He remembered.

“That doesn’t count.” He said, giving me a look.

“Yes it does.” I said, rolling my eyes. He chuckled. I looked up.

“What?” I asked.

“You are still a loser.” he said before leaning in.