20: Michelangelo Mayuko

I felt the tears stream down my cheeks harder, I couldn’t hold them in. My brother was alive! I hugged him close, shaking as I cried.

“How are you alive?” I asked, trembling from crying.

“I should be asking you the same thing.” Michelangelo answered, he wiped his eyes. I believed he was close to crying.

“I was pulled away.” I replied, shaking.

“I was too, but I was pulled away from the fires by father. He pulled me away, then fled. He then went to join the Akatsuki while I ran away to find our siblings. I gave up, but I found you. So I guess I’m not a failure.” Michelangelo said, clutching me closer.

“The others are alive?” I asked. Michelangelo’s smile fell a little.

“I don’t know, I was trying to figure that out. I think Elretta is alive.” Michelangelo said. I smiled.

“That’s great.” I said in a soft whisper.

Michelangelo sighed, holding me closer.

“I have no place to stay.” Michelangelo sighed.

“Stay with me, Lolo.” I said, using the little nickname I gave him when we were younger. He laughed.

“You sure?” he asked.

“YES!” I said, dragging him to my home. He laughed, as we walked by we ran into Sakura.

“So you have a boyfriend?!” she shouted, seeing me holding Michelangelo’s hand and dragging him to my house. I started laughing.

“What?! This is my brother!” I said, laughing harder.

“YOUR BOYFRIEND IS YOUR BROTHER?! EWWW!” she shouted. Michelangelo started laughing now.

“No, we are not dating, she is my sister.” Michelangelo cleared up, laughing.

“I thought he died.” Sakura wondered aloud.

“I did too, but apparently I am not the last Mayuko.” I replied.

“Oh, okay well I’m going to go find Sasuke now. Bye!” Sakura said, running away.

I shrugged, bringing Michelangelo to my house. I made him some food, then sat down with him.

“So, I have a boyfriend. His name is Sasuke, the one that Sakura, that pink haired girl, was talking about.” I said, I knew Michelangelo wanted to ask, being a protective brother. His eyes turned into slits.

“Has he tried anything on you?” he asked, suspiciously. I choked on my water.

“We’ve only kissed.” I said, blushing.

“Good.” he replied.

“Do you have someone?” I asked.

“I did. I’m only fifteen.” Michelangelo replied, shrugging.

“You know the Uchiha clan story. You know how I am, you know how he is. It just happened.” I replied, sitting down, my head hurt.

“I do recall that story.” Michelangelo replied. I looked to my feet.

“A little like ours.” I said quietly.

“Sis?” he said quietly. I looked up.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Akio really is dead.” Michelangelo said quietly. I nodded.

“I know, I remember when the massacre happened I saw him on the living room floor, with his throat slit.” I said softly. That image is burned in my head.

“I saw Tanji running.” Michelangelo said.

“Then she disappeared.” I nodded.

“Anyways, how about me and you look for our siblings?” he suggested.

“I have things to do here, though. I have Sasuke,” I said, blushing, then continued. “And I have my sensei and my squad and-“ Michelangelo cut me off.

“Okay....” Michelangelo said, letting me decide.

“Mikey, if I didn’t have them I’d go with you. Well, you know I’ll think about it.” I said, then smiled softly.

“Okay, I’m going to bed now.” Michelangelo said, going to the other room in the house that I showed him earlier. I looked outside the window and noticed how dark it was getting. I nodded. Where was Sasuke? After Mikey went to sleep, I snuck out to see if he was home. Oddly, I found Sakura on a bench asleep after looking for him. I sat down next to her feet, trying to shove her awake. She jumped up, eyes snapped open and shouted “Sasuke!”

That threw me off guard.

“You saw him?” I asked, shocked.

“He left the village.” she whispered. My eyes grew wide, I felt as if my heart had been ripped. Then I shakily smiled. That’s what he was getting at this morning.