10: Chunin Exams

I sighed.

“Nozomi, cut the crap.” I said, rolling my eyes. She stopped, then started laughing.

“Sorry, when I heard that you were in the hospital I just had to come and get you.” she replied.

“Uh huh, okay.” I replied, getting up and stretching. She walked over and took out the needles.

“It would help you move if I took those out.” Nozomi replied. I sat down, looking at her.

“How is your job as a medical ninja?” I asked. She was a medical ninja, and the same age as me. We didn’t talk much since I wasn’t so much of a talker before. 

“It’s all good. I’m only good at medical stuff, no fighting. Like you do so well.” she replied, staring at the cut on my arm. I shrugged.

“Hm.” I replied, not in the mood to talk. Then something hit my mind. “Wait, how long have I been out for?” I asked.

“Well, the Chunin exams already started-“ I cut her off by screaming.

“WHAT?!” I shouted.

“You could make it right-“ I cut her off again by running as fast as I could to where the Chunin exams were located. I burst into the doors, running into something black.

“What the-“ I heard someone said. I backed up, realizing I had run into a puppet looking guy. I fixed my hair, sighing. I took notice that he was from the Sand Village.

“Sorry.” I replied. His teammates looked at me up and down. One was blonde with a fan, the other was red haired with a kanji on his head that said “love”.

“Fubuki?!” Sakura shouted, going up to me. “You’re here! And just in time!” she squealed, taking me away from the sand ninja. Naruto saw me, his eyes went wide.

“I thought you were dead!” he shouted, eyeing me. We were now walking, I noticed Sasuke looked a little beat up.

I ignored Naruto. I reached over and touched Sasuke’s dirtied cheek. He flinched, glaring at me.

“I wish you were still knocked out.” he spat. I slapped the part of his face I touched. He looked shocked.

I walked ahead, growling. We walked into a room with a bunch of tables. A creepy man stood in the front. I walked up to him.

“I’m with squad seven.” I replied, emotionless.

“Oh, you made it just in time.” he replied, grinning. He nodded at me to proceed to a desk. I walked over next to the red haired sand nin. I sat right next to him, leaning forward with my head in my hands. 

The man passed us the tests after a very interesting conversation. I nearly dosed off, then the paper was slid right in front of me. I read it, then gulped. What now? Why did I know what angles were which? We didn’t need to know this. This was far too advanced, and the only way we could do it is if we could cheat.

Cheat....

That’s it!

I looked up as I saw someone lean over and peer at someone’s paper. I heard the scratch of a pencil. I turned to see a man mark him down. I grinned. We had to use ninja skills. I closed my eyes. I activated my kekkei genkai, the Medera. I opened my eyes and gasped softly. I had more abilities. I blinked, concentrating on my surroundings. I pulled out my hand, opening it. I sung a low note, so no one could hear and my hands suddenly got silver markings on them. I wrote them down on my paper. Surprisingly, the note worked. I was the best at the high or low notes, I could have used any other way, but I wanted to test out my kekkei genkai. I decided to play along with it. I focused on Sakura, then I smirked. I could see her emotions. Anger, irritation, love towards Sasuke, and pain that she was rejected. I focused on Naruto. Humiliation, tense, confused, and pained. I realized how much he wanted to pass these tests. I smirked to myself. He will. I focused on the man next to me, and I nearly shouted. Anger, pain, hurt, lonely. I immediately snapped back. What else could I do? I looked down, seeing an ant there. 

‘Pain!’ I thought, then the ant curled up in a ball as I imagined it being hit my a rock. I had my mother’s chords, my dad’s instant pain.

“Times up!” I heard. I looked up. The man explained shit, then said we had to answer one question to pass. If we got it wrong, we’d be out. Something along those lines, I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy torturing the ant. Then I heard Naruto make a rant about how he wasn’t going to quit, then everybody stayed. I sighed. Wow Naruto. Always reckless as ever. I turned off my Medera.

“And Mayuko.” Ibiki, the testing man person spoke. I looked up, nervously.

He held up my necklace.

“You might want this.” I got up, walking over to him. I took it, looking a him suspiciously.

“Kakashi gave it to me, knowing you’d come here.” Ibiki replied. The whole room was staring. I nodded, putting my necklace back on. Then, the window shattered as I realized there was Anko, standing there ready to give the next instructions. I knew her from when I was eight. She tried to explain to me why I had no family. She was actually really nice. She explained all what we needed to do [author: I do not want to explain it all because you guys already saw the show]. Then, we were allowed to go home. I walked home, sighing as I saw the flash of blonde as Naruto jumped at the Ramen shop. Sakura sat under a cherry blossom tree, pretending to read but actually watching Sasuke train in the fields. I bit my lip. I knew what I wanted. In a flash, I was in front of the Akatsuki hideout. I closed my eyes, touching the rock. The rock nearly collapsed, as I somehow got to open it. I walked into it, walking past all the shocked and now armed Akatsuki members. I walked up to the oldest member, a man in his forties but that renewed himself to twenty.

“Father, teach me.” I said.

His eyes were huge. During the weeks of being unconscious, I had flashes of everything I didn’t know. 

Like my father was in the Akatsuki, and he thought I was dead. He stood up and put his hand on my shoulder.

“You are worthy enough. I see that necklace is working well.” he said. My eyes widened in confusion. What did he mean?

“You’re doing a good job.” he replied. I backed up, confused.

“What?!” I shouted.

“That demon in you is finally all the way in, I hope it didn’t knock you out for long.” he whispered.

“What was the necklace for?!” I shouted.

He walked up. I backed away, horrified.