15: New Mission

The Chunin Exams started once again, I spent so long training with Anko. It was amazing how hard I trained and how much I learned. I looked a little different too, amazingly. I decided to look at the scroll of who will fight who. I did not look at it when the Hokage held it out and Anko told me not to look. She said she didn’t want me to get too cocky or too down in the dumps. I’m actually surprise my curiosity did not get the best of me during these last few weeks, training with Anko. She handed me the scroll, showing me who I would fight. I looked at it. I shook my head, sighing.

I would be fighting another sound ninja, named Jed. Some guy who was best friends with Kimmy. Jed had no last name, he grew up with his aunt. She never knew her last name either. It was a little weird if you asked me.

I was first. Again.

Jed walked up in the stadium, I decided to make an entrance. Anko approved of it. The whole stadium chilled up, Jed backed up, shivering. Then, out of the ground, ice shot up, Jed barely missed. I appeared behind him as he tried to dodge. Then the ice stopped.

“Nervous?” I asked casually, right behind him. The whole crowd squinted at me. I really did change. My hair grew longer, my outfit changed as well. It improved. Jed turned around, his eyes huge.

“Gah!” he squealed at my unexpected appearance, backing up a little and tripping over some ice. I laughed.

“Don’t hurt yourself now.” I replied cooly. Then the match started. Jed took out his sword, swinging it at me, then trying to stab me. I stopped it with a kunai, then I backed up, my hands doing a new jutsu.

“Ice style: Ice Dragon Jutsu!” I whispered to myself. My arms extended, my palms out to him. He backed up, then three ice dragons engulfed him, surrounding him and crushing him. They went away after a while, leaving Jed on the floor, struggling to get up. He then got up, his hands started moving quickly in front of him.

“Demon sound!” he said quickly. I was pushed back by a deafening and frightening sound. I shook in response. He smirked as I felt myself being cooped up in a tunnel. I pushed my hands together. I was going to do a jutsu. Anko told me to try not to use my Medera.

“Crystal ice tower.” I shouted above the wind, the ground shook as ice pushed me out of it and shot me high up in the air. I kept my balance, then jumped off, kicking him in the chest, making him fall to the floor. He spit out blood. I probably made him break something. I walked up to him, kneeling next to him. I put my hand to his forehead.

“Lightning zap.” I said, lightning jolted from my hand and into his head, causing him to go unconscious.

I smirked as I was pronounced the winner. The medical ninja took me anyways. I had a couple of nasty cuts from the demon sound. When I sat on the stretcher, they looked at my shoulder. They started cutting it, I let out a scream.

“There’s a tracking device in it, ma’am.” one of the doctors explained. I knew it! How could I forget? I bit my lower lip as thy took out a bug the size of an eraser. It was metal and smooth. My eye twitched as they sew my shoulder back up and killed the tracking metal bug, also I tried not to punch them when they sew the scars up from Jed. When they were done, I got up and clutched my shoulder.

“Who do you think put it in?” I asked.

“Well, when did it first appear?” the doctor asked.

“After the first fighting stage in the-...FUCK!” I shouted. I was happy because I passed the Chunin exams but also pissed because I knew who did it. The sound ninja’s were ALL up to something. I left the room, walking past the waiting Anko. She started to follow me.

“Kimmy put a bug in me. The sound ninja are up to something.” I said. Anko stay silent. I knew she knew something. “You knew?!” I shouted.

She glared at me. “Hey, it was strictly my buisness.”

“Well I’m a chunin now.” I said, grinning.

“Don’t get so cocky yet.” she replied, rolling her eyes. I bit my lip.

“Anko.” I said, looking at her seeing her curse mark. She covered it.

“Yes?” she asked, avoiding my gaze.

“Why did Orochimaru say I will seek him for power?” I asked. She froze.

“He said that?” she asked. “He usually just bites and goes.”

“Really?” I asked, hatred bubbling inside me. “What does he want with Sasuke?” I asked.

“Well, Sasuke is kind of...Well since he is one of the last Uchiha’s available....” she tried to explain. I cut her off by lifting my hand up.

“Shh, you don’t have to explain.” I said softly, looking down.

“You sure? You’re involved in this now.” she asked. I forgot how much experienced she was in being a ninja. I should not speak to her like she’s my age.

“No, it’s fine Anko.” I replied, nodding my head. She looked at me for a while, then she turned, continuing to walk with me to the town.

“Do you want to go on a mission with me?” she asked me all of a sudden. I stopped, in disbelief. I looked at her. “It might take us a year or so, bur it will probably help you get to the next rank.”

“Yes!” I replied, surprised and overjoyed. “What is it?”

“Well, we have to be the body guards for the two princesses in the Village Hidden in the Clouds. They are twins, named Akimi and Chiho Ayumu. Every village has to chip in to help guard them to gain that new village’s trust. So, the Hokage asked me to bring along a worthy ninja.” Anko explained. I smirked.

“When do we start?” I asked.

“Anytime this week. It takes three days to get there. So I think it would be wise to leave now.” Anko said, looking at the direction of the gates.

“But the Chunin exams. What if something interesting goes on?” I asked eagerly. 

“What do you think is going to happen?” Anko asked, placing a hand on her hip and leaning to the side a little.

“Uhm, I don’t know, but whenever I go I miss something interesting.” I explained, sighing.

“Wow, that must suck. Well, go get your stuff and meet me by the front gate in five.” she said. I nodded, then in a rush I went to my home, packing all my stuff. This would be a long mission so I brought a bigger bag then usual with all my crap. I went to the front gate and made it barely. Anko was already there with her stuff.

“No fair, you were planning this mission for a long time.” I joked. She cracked a smile, shaking her head.

“You are one interesting kunoichi.” she murmured, we left with a note to the Hokage.