chap 5

"What's wrong?"

The blue boy suddenly stops while walking. The man sees him like this, asks him, lately, the boy has talked with him more. Now, he is looking in another direction:

"Demon. Over a village. Southwest. Only 1."

The man froze. From the time he knows the difference between humans and demons, he got this strange power. He knows this boy has sharp instincts, but he doesn't know he is this sharp (bruh, this is unconsciously using <magic scense>). Obviously that he is slowly regaining his powers.

"Do you know what it looks like?" – the man is hunting a certain demon so he wants to know if it is him.

The boy shook his head, he isn't that powerful.

The man then pulls the boy with him.

(original author's note: the boy can only use this ability when uncovering his eyes)

Like always, the man told him to stay back while he doing his job. But this time, curiosity has taken over him...

Creaky... (seriously? It's really hard to describe sounds in English, while it's very easy in Vietnamese!)

He slowly opens a half-broken door, inside the room is really dark but he can still see it...

Corpse...

Not even in normal shape...

He froze in place, he has seen many demons get killed by the man and got used to it... but... this is human...

"Why are you here?"

A familiar voice rang in his ear. The man is standing behind him.

"You're afraid?"

The boy doesn't listen to him, he approaches the corpse, touching its white pale face.

Cold...

This is the first time he touches a corpse since woke up. This is the first time he knows... how cruel this world is.

"What's wrong with him?"

"Dead." – the man answers with a calm voice.

"Why dead?"

"I've told you, demons eat humans, he was killed by a demon."

"..."

The room remains silent, they can only hear the sound of night wind through the open window.

The boy doesn't say anything, just carefully lifts the corpse up, uses a clean cloth to wipe the blood away.

The boy doesn't understand why he is doing it...

He just doesn't want to see the bloody scene in front of him.

His body moves on its own, his heart hurts...

What is this feeling?...

I have felt it before... maybe even worse...

"I like humans, so I hope you won't attack them."

"The humans killed Shion..."

What?

The sounds flash through his head, but they are all gone before he could understand them. The room remains silent...

His head starting to get hurt.

The man sees him looking after the corpse like that fells in his thought. Even if he lost his memories, his behavior will be the same as his old self.

At least he is a nice one...

He slowly approaches the boy, helps him to stand up, tells him:

"Let's bury him."

------

At a place behind that house, the boy carefully put the corpse in a hole. He feels disappointed inside.

The man slowly approaches him and pats his head:

"Dawn is coming, let's keep going."

"um..."

------

After that day, the boy was always in a sad mood, he just follows the man with a gloomy expression.

BUMP!

The boy isn't looking ahead, bumps into the man's back. He then asks him:

"Why you stopped?"

The man looks at his back but doesn't say anything, then continues walking, the boy isn't thinking much, just follows him.

After another while...

BUMP!

The man stops again, the boy still doesn't look ahead and bumps into the man's back again. He looks around, bewildered

"What's wrong?"

The man wants to say something yet pauses, then he says:

"Let's rest for a while."

The boy doesn't question, quietly finds a place to sit, he then closes his eyes and slowly falls asleep.

The sounds of rustling leaves, the comfortable temperature. But the boy isn't as good as the weather is, he is drenched in sweat, though his eyes are covered, we can still see clearly that he is shutting them really tight – just like having a nightmare.

The man slowly approaches him, shaking his shoulder:

"Oi! Wake up! Oi!"

In the dream, the boy sees himself floating in a dark space, sometimes it feels like infinite, sometimes it feels very stuffy...

Rimuru-sama...

The sound flashes through his head so fast that he thought it was just an illusion... couldn't hear it...

The boy suddenly wakes up, panting... he holds his chest in pain...

"Oi! You're all right?!"

The boy panics, he tries to remember the sound...

The man flinches, catches his waving hand.

"I'm here."

The boy found a place to cling grips his hand on it tightly, then he sighs, leaning against the rock behind him.

"What's wrong?"

The boy shook his head:

"Don't worry. Nothing's wrong."

The man sees him like that stops asking. After a while, they start walking again.