chap 7

The town where our main characters are heading is quite far, but with the help of the merchants, the time they need to reach there shortens to 7 days.

------

"My name is Tomie, what about you guys?" – the girl introduces herself. After traveling with each other for over a day, they finally realize...

They haven't known about each other yet...

The blue hair boy froze... he turns an awkward gaze to his companion...

"Seems like... I don't know your name..."

Since their first met, they have rarely talked to each other, the man always calls the boy "Oi", or "you"... they don't even care about honorifics...

The man seems shocked... you can tell just by his reaction that he really forgot to tell his name to the boy...

The others' faces twitch... Tomie asks them:

"Etou... how long have you known each other?..."

The boy thought for a while then answers nervously:

"Perhaps... 3 months... right?

Right?..."

The boy looks at the man, he nods awkwardly as a confirmation...

"..."

They are all out of words...

Traveled together for 3 months... they don't even know their companion's name...

"Ahem... then... let's reintroduce then... okay?..." – Tomie speaks up, breaking this awkward silence.

So let's start again... Tomie put her hand on her chest, and starts her introduction:

"Hi, my name is Tomie, nice to meet you."

The man gives a nod in answer.

"Tsukiguni Yoriichi." – like always, short and easy to understand.

But after a while, the boy still doesn't start his introduction, they look at him... the boy lowers his gaze to the ground...

"I... don't know..."

Hah? Don't know what?

Yoriichi walks forward, starting to explain:

"He doesn't remember his past, nor his name."

They start to comfort him, Tomie is a bit emotional, she pushes his head lower to see if there is any wound...

The boy just smiles to reassure them, he says that he is fine.

But suddenly, someone speaks up:

Ah, right! Tomie, you're the perfect one in this kind of situation! Why don't you try to help him?!"

"But I only know a little about hypnosis!!... and besides..."

??!!

Suddenly, a thought flashes through her mind...

"Can hypnosis help in regaining memories???!"

This thought keeps floating in her head, she wants to give it a try but is afraid to hurt the boy...

But the boy really wants to know about his past...

"Tomie, can you help me?"

Tomie shook her head in worried:

"But I don't think it will succeed... besides, I don't know if it is dangerous or not...

No! My answer is no!

Tomie promised herself to not pull him into danger.

Hearing Tomie refuse, the boy thought for a while then suddenly approaches her, he copies the way women use to reassure the kids, patting her head while asking with a gentle voice:

"Please. Help me please, Tomie."

"..."

The voice that can daze anyone is now ringing right next to Tomie. She backed away several steps, her hands covering her tomato-red face...

"You... you!!"

The boy doesn't understand why she reacts like that, tilts his head...

"Can't you?"

MOE!!!! TOO MOE!!!!

His angelic voice nearly makes her head explode!!!

Tomie couldn't resist the temptation, she grabs the boy's shoulder, her voice full of confidence:

"You can count on me, I'll make you remember everything even your most embarrassing memories!!!"

He is very happy after hearing her words. He smiles brightly at her...

"Um! I'll count on you!"

Success or not, I'm still very grateful...

------

"You want to know about your past that much?"

Yoriichi and the boy are standing near a cliff, admiring the dusk. He only answers him with a small smile...

"Do you know?... I've been dreaming the same thing... in the dream... I always hear a name... a name that I don't know...

But whenever I wake up... everything went blank..."

Yoriichi doesn't say anything, only listens to his story.

"It gives me a familiar feeling... at the same time, I feel... empty... it must be a very important name...

I want to remember... even a small fragment of it... at least it will show that I existed in this world..."