chap 6

"Hey! Do you guys want to tag along?"

The man and the boy look at where the strange voice comes from. It's a group of merchants, they are moving toward them. The one who called them was a young girl riding a cart, she is waving at them, calling them:

 The one who called them was a young girl riding a cart, she is waving at them, calling them:

(Image is only for representational purposes)

"Where are you going?"

The boy still dazing, answers unconsciously:

"The town ahead."

The girl is more energetic than he thought, in a blink of an eye, they are already on the cart, she smiles at them:

"I'll let you two tag along, let's go! Don't be shy! If you walk, it will take a long time to get there!"

The man wants to say that they don't need to be haste, but before he could react, all of the carts start moving again. In the end, they still tag along with the merchants.

Forget it...

At least they really want to help.

All of the merchants here are family. They are very friendly, they keep giving them rice cakes.

Now they are all talking together, telling the others their stories. The boy listens to them with a joyful expression, he has rarely talked with strangers like this before, the only one he talks normally to is the man. His timidity is slowly fading... that's good news. Seeing the boy is now better, the man feels a little delighted, this atmosphere helps the boy throw away his bothers and forget about the voice in his dream.

At night, everyone gathers around the campfire... suddenly, a little girl runs toward the boy, pointing at his face:

"Ne, onee-san... what's wrong with your eyes?"

The girl heard it startles, immediately grabs the kid up, apologizing to the boy:

"I'm sorry! Very sorry! The kid doesn't understand it!! Please forgive her!!!"

The boy startles at the sudden situation, he waves his hands in panic, hoping to stop the too-energetic apology that starts to make him feel uneasy.

The others seeing this scene couldn't hold themselves back, the air filled with laughs and joy~

"Do- don't worry... nothing is wrong, re- really."

The boy doesn't know what to do, he turns his head at his companian, but he only feels a careless gaze.

The boy is even more panicky, trying as hard as possible to find a solution, finally, he says:

"It's nothing... I- I am not blind..."

"..."

They suddenly quiet, and this makes him feel worried... he doesn't know how to break this uncomfortable silence...

Suddenly, the kid escapes from the girl's arms, runs toward the boy, and tilts her head:

"Then why are your eyes covered?"

The voice of the kid makes the boy calm down, he kneels in front of her. The man knows what he is doing, shocked:

"Oi! You..."

The boy slowly breaks the cloth knot, it falls on the ground. He speaks with the man:

"It's all right, besides, I need to get used to the light..."

The boy frowns, trying to open his eyes... the light of the fire shoots at them...

The pain slowly fades... he then opens his eyes widely...

The surround remains silent, only their gasp can be heard...

Beauty... truly a beauty.

He always covers his eyes with a piece of cloth, but now he has taken it off... revealing his beautiful face..., especially his eyes... they're as clear as a lake... feel like they can see through the cruelty of this world...

The little girl dazes, and unconsciously touches his face.

The boy chuckles, he tells everyone with a bit of anxiety:

"Sorry, because of some private reasons, I can't see during the daytime so I have to cover my eyes... I'm not planning on fooling you..."

"..."

They are still dazing at his smile, nobody answers him...

The girl is the first one back to reality, but the first thing she does is... covering her face with her hands while some smoke flies out of her head...

"..."

Don't react like that!...

After a while, they all snap back to reality... the little girl wants to sit on his lap, and he couldn't refuse... then 2 cute balls one small and one smaller attached to each other...

KAWAI!!!

The atmosphere comes back to normal... they all sing, dance, telling more stories...

So warm that it makes the boy feels attached to them...

At night, they say goodnight to each other and go to sleep, resting for the next day.

------