chap 28

Isora laughs happily, almost forgot about the reason why he came here:

"Right! Rimuru, did you have any problem with the training program?"

Rimuru breaks a cooky, takes a sip of tea, then smirks evilly while remembering what happened:

"Don't worry about me... everything was great!" - great to him... but to the others... Rimuru wouldn't say anything~

"If you pass the test, which place would you work at?"

Rimuru, for the first time, thinks about this...

Yoi wouldn't allow him to fight in the frontlines so work like delivering, medicating, or scouting are not possible... the only options he has are working inside the mansion...

Let's see... guarding... cooking... serving... cleaning... pharmacing...

Cooking is out of option... because the only person who dared to touch his food is Yoriichi...

Guarding...? He's afraid that he would fall asleep before any others!

He won't serve those people that he hates...

"How about being my secretary?!" - Isora smiles while giving a suggestion...

"Secretary... yours...? I'm allowed!?" - Rimuru asks back in confused. Rimuru's careless, he's afraid that Isora will have more problems with him around...

"Um, don't worry, it won't be too hard... you'll only have to stand by me all day and note the things I tell you to... the others are way too respecting me so none would take this work..."

Rimuru's eyes shines brightly...

Right...! Working with Isora will allow me to meet Yoriichi often! And I can still protect him with the position I have!

A stone hits three birds! Excellent!!

Rimuru, with his burning determination, says confidently:

"Isora!! I'll pass this exam and work at your place!!"

The boy laughs uncontrollably, happily nod:

"Um! I'll be waiting for you, Rimuru!!"

------

The testing day...

Yoriichi stands on the top of a hill, where he can have a clear view of the test. At first Rimuru refused this, he didn't want Yoriichi to watch the test, but...

Forget it... Now, it's time to focus on the test...

Rimuru calmly goes to his waiting area. His appearance has made some unexpected reaction... Seeing Rimuru, some people unconsciously back off, their faces show hatred like wanting to stay as far away as possible.

In the strength testing, the examinees have to run around the mountain for some times; test their durability under a waterfall; test their reflexes when facing wild animals...

And many more...

Rimuru looks at the examiners... Not any strangers... aren't those the people whom Rimuru scolded for insulting Yoriichi...?

Meh~ many more people are also watching, they can't be unfair~

"Begin!"

The examinees immediately rush forward. All run as fast as possible. All... except one... Rimuru stands still in his place. He gives the examiners a cold stare then, finally, starts moving calmly...

"..." - The viewers are confused, pointing and talking about him...

Only until he's out of everyone's sight, he can take all of his potential out...