chap 9

"I used to have a family... and a brother..."

Yoriichi turns his gaze toward the orange sky... slowly telling the boy about his past.

"We are twins... he was very nice to me... but except my mother, the whole family doesn't... they hate me since I was born... I and my brother got separated, they want to take me to a temple and become a monk...

But my brother was still nice to me... he often visits my room to play... I was very happy...

But our mother was getting ill... and then the day she pass away came...

I don't know why but... my brother started to distance himself from me...

I left that place."

The surrounding falls into silence... the boy just sits there, listening closely to Yoriichi's words.

"My wife was killed by a demon..."

The boy freezes... he turns his gaze toward Yoriichi...

He is just the same... an emotionless face...

"So... I have no one left to call 'family'..."

Yoriichi pats the boy's head, his voice becomes warmer:

"I don't have any relative left... just like you...

You don't have to risk like that...

If you feel lonely... I can be your family...

If you don't have a place to return... then go with me...

But if you still want to remember... then I'll go with you..."

The boy looks at him in bewilderment... he can hardly take his voice out:

"Really?..."

Yoriichi smiles and nods:

"Um. I won't lie."

The bot bites his lip, looks at the ground...

He doesn't know what is this feeling... he just feels happy... he knows he is not alone... he has Yoriichi...

He trusts him... the first person he saw when he woke up.

He takes a deep breath, looks up. On his face is the most beautiful smile he ever has.

"Yoriichi... I just found my family..."

The orange sunset light shines on his smile...

More beautiful than anything else...

------

"Tomie... this will be the last time... please help me!"

The boy wants to try it one last time... even if it'll fails or not...

He wants to at least know his name, he isn't scared of failing again... in this world... he has found someone to call family... he isn't afraid anymore.