chap 22

you guys ask why the progress is so slow?

13 days count down till my school call a parents meeting...

16 days count down till my final exam start...

welp, KingVeldora , I'm needing a grave rn...

------

"Rimuru-san."

"Sumiyoshi-san?"

"..." – Rimuru looks up, and a familiar face catches his eyes... but something isn't right...

"What's wrong, Rimuru-san? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Slash!!!

The head of 'Sumiyoshi' falls on the ground... on Rimuru's hand is an ice blade...

"Who are you?"

The stinky sound of moving meat creeps Rimuru... in front of him, 'Sumiyoshi' slowly separates into several meat pieces...

It's impossible for humans to do something like that...

Rimuru immediately tightens his hand on his sword's handle, and swings toward the meat. But before his sword can touch one piece, all of them were gone into the ground...

"..."

"Rimuru."

Yoriichi just returns, and the first thing he saw is... Rimuru is poking the ground with his finger, like looking for something.

Rimuru felt Yoriichi's presence, immediately stands up, he uses his hand to wipe away the dust on his cloth.

"What are you doing?"

Rimuru asks Yoriichi with a playful voice, after many times getting sulked, Rimuru has discovered one thing...

If he opens the conversation with a different topic, Yoriichi won't ask him anything!

"..."

Rimuru already knows that Yoriichi won't tell him, so he turns his gaze toward the small bag in Yoriichi's hand.

This is the first time Rimuru saw him holding something as carefully as this time except his sword...

"Then... let's go! The festival hasn't ended yet."

Rimuru decides to ignore it, pulls Yoriichi with him.

Time to explore~~!!!

Under the light of the giant fire in the middle of the village, Rimuru is excited as people start to dance around it...

"Yoi... that flame, it's so like you."

Strongly and freely...

Dancing in the dark. Brings liveness to everyone...

The warmth of the fire fills the air, Rimuru feels the heat... it's warm like Yoriichi's hand.

"What's wrong?"

Yoriichi looks at Rimuru, the flickering fire reflected in his golden pupils, his pure eyes showing all the good and evil in this world...

"Yoi..."

"Hm?"

"Yoi..."

"Um..."

Rimuru calls, Yoriichi answers, and they keep repeating for a long time... Rimuru suddenly laughs.

"Nothing... just want to call your name..."

Just want to be sure... that you're always next to me...