chap 26

Rimuru doesn't understand Yoriichi... why couldn't he sign up as a demon slayer...?

After having a walk around the mansion, it's now late-afternoon, the sunlight dance on the grass, leaving two long shadows along the road.

"Yoi, why couldn't I be a demon slayer...?"

"... Do you believe that I won't harm you?"

"Of course!" - Rimuru nod without hesitate. Yoriichi nod slightly as he heard the response:

"Good, then listen to me, wait for some more time"

Now the Demon slayers group is in a big chaos, an individual with enormous power like Rimuru won't be safe... Not to mention that he's Muzan's target. If the news of two people become demon slayers without doing the final test got slipped out, then it would be more problems for Isora...

The reason why Yoriichi returns is Rimuru. It would be safe for him to live under the Demon slayers' and Oyakata-sama's protection...

"One more thing, Rimuru..."

"I'm listening"

"If not emergency, do not use your powers in front of others"

"Even healing?"

"Um"

------

At night, Rimuru doesn't sleep but follows Yoriichi...

Some time ago, a weird crow approached them, saying that there was an emergency or something... Rimuru and Yoriichi immediately got ready...

The two of them run into a large clear space where an intense battle is happening, they can even hear the screams from such distance...

"Rimuru, mark my words."

Rimuru immediately slow down, keeping a safe distance while Yoriichi launches himself foward. Rimuru's eyes are really sharp, can even see through the dark... the moment Yoriichi steps in, the battle turns into a one side slaughter...

Rimuru hides all of his emotions: surprised, excited, and... uncomfortable. As what he's seen, if Yoriichi didn't help, three more members would bite the dust.

A slash, a flash... everything ended in a blink of an eye. The demons don't even have time to decay as the blade cut them into pieces.

Rimuru immediately runs toward Yoriichi.

"Yoi!"

Those survivasl seem still confused about the sudden change of flow, still dumbly sit on the ground. Rimuru carefully glances at them, checking them from head to toe.

Mhm! Bloody, no lost limb, head's still attached to the neck... to be short: won't die, won't heal!

Rimuru rarely obeys this much, doesn't heal unless necessary. He himself is not a saint, just obeying Yoriichi is enough!

But... life's always unexpectable...

"Yoriichi Tsugikuni?? You still have the urge to meet us??!!"

"..." - The voice rang up when Rimuru is pulling Yoriichi back, the tone brings so much anger and hatred that Rimuru froze in place...

"The brother of one of the strongest demons, brought us so many problems, even let that fem demon (Tamayo) escaped... so useless and yet, you're still alive??!!"

"..." - The atmosphere suddenly becomes heavy, even killing intents can be felt.

"Rimuru, let's go" -  Yoriichi sighs, pulling Rimuru with him...