chap 11

The little girl hugs him with all of her might, her voice's shaking:

"I'm very glad... to have met you...

Remember... to be careful..."

"Um... I know... I'm glad to have met you guys, too...

Take care of yourself, remember to listen to Tomie..."

"Hai..."

They keep hugging each other for a long time

They keep hugging each other for a long time... until the sun rises... the sunlight shot through the gap between the faraway mountains... the girl remembers that Rimuru's eyes can't stand strong light... she immediately takes the piece of cloth hanging from Rimuru's bag, carefully uses it to cover his eyes...

"The sun has woken up... we will take our leave then..."

Rimuru is waving his hand to the merchants...

Hope we will meet again...

"Let's go."

"Um..."

------

Yoriichi pulls Rimuru into the town, they buy things for their next adventure, Yoriichi and Rimuru get into the near forest to find plants to make medicine, though, under his protection, Rimuru hardly ever is damaged!

"Hold this for me."

"Hai..."

Rimuru doesn't have much to do... he turns his head around and then tries to uncover his eyes...

"Itai!..."

The light shoots at his eyes painfully, but this is less painful than the first time... lucky that this is inside the forest, the light is less bright than outside.

"Yoriichi? Where are you?"

Rimuru looks all directions but still couldn't find Yoriichi, after a while, he decides to sit on a nearby rock. Wandering only leads to loss, waiting is the best thing he can do!

He then peeks his eyes into the basket full of plants...

SLASH!

"Ah..."

His finger got cut by a sharp leaf, red blood pours out... but something unexpected happens...

The cut starts being healed... first, the blood stopped pouring out... then, after some time, the wound starts to close... and now it looks perfectly fine...

How?...

Rimuru admires his finger carefully like analyzing it...

"Rimuru? You've uncovered your eyes?"

"Yoriichi? Finally, you're back!"

Rimuru looks at the tall figure heading to his place, he stands up, brushes off his cloth then answers:

"Just want to let it get used to the light.

Are we heading back now?"

"Um."

------

At the time they reach the town, it's already night. Yoriichi decides to rent 2 rooms to rest...

------

Morning...

Yoriichi knocks on Rimuru's room but doesn't hear his answer.

"Rimuru, I'll go out for a while! Do not go out!"

The sound of someone falling on the ground echoes through the door, after a short time, Rimuru opens the door. In front of Yoriichi is Rimuru still wearing his nightdress...

"Can I tag along?..."

He sighs and pats Rimuru's head:

"No need. Keeps sleeping."

Rimuru nods sleepily and returns inside to continue his sleep...

(For the people who still don't know, Rimuru lost nearly all of his power and become more like a human, he just doesn't need to sleep and eat and contain healing power, or for short, he is just like a demon but doesn't need to eat humans and can walk under the sun.

Though Rimuru doesn't need to sleep, he still finds sleep comfortable so he sleeps and eats like a normal person, besides, resting helps him recover his energy faster.)

------

Yoriichi hasn't returned yet, he sits in the boring room, letting his head on the cloud. He suddenly remembers what happened yesterday... after thinking for who knows how long, he still doesn't understand. Until the door got opened...

Yoriichi just returned, and the first thing he saw is Rimuru looking closely at his finger, he asks him:

"What's wrong?"

Rimuru exhales and decides to tell him:

"Ne, Yoriichi..."

Rimuru takes the nearby knife (the type you use to cut fruit), and he cut his hand in front of Yoriichi's eyes, red blood pours out, dyeing his cloth red...

"Itai..." – Rimuru inhales, groans...

"The heck are you doing??!!"

Yoriichi's voice makes him startles... he then looks around for something to stop the bleeding, but Rimuru stops him, before Yoriichi can scold him, he starts first:

"Hey, Yoriichi... look at this..."

Seeing Rimuru like this, he stops and looks at the wound.... The wound... seems to start being healed... though the speed is slow, it's obvious... What's happening makes him couldn't believe in his own eyes...

"You..."

Rimuru shook his head. He doesn't know about this, either.

"I don't remember this... I just found out yesterday... seems like the worse damage I got, the longer it takes to heal" (obviously that it will longer)

Yoriichi frowns: "You don't feel the pain?"

Rimuru shook his head, he still feels the pain when he got damaged... but he doesn't know about his healing power...

The room fell into silence... finally, Yoriichi sighed...

"Don't tell this to anyone."

Rimuru nods in agreement. Nobody knows if this power is good or bad so the best choice is keeping this a secret.