Chapter 26

It was Friday evening.

Tighnari had been working hard all evening. He wasn't working for college exams, in fact, he was busy preparing his boyfriends' birthday gifts.

He was going to give Cyno five gifts for his birthday.

The first four gifts he had bought over the week, when he wasn't with Cyno.

The last gift was something he crafted. It was a collage of photos of him and Cyno together over the past few month they've been dating. He had worked for hours on it.

As Tighnari had finished crafting the present, it was around 11PM.

Meanwhile, Cyno was in his room, scrolling through pictures on his phone. He was looking at his old photos, to remember times when he was younger.

Cyno'a oldest photos were from when he was 11 years old, when he got his iPhone. He took so many pictures with Al Haitham, since they've been best friends since they're kids.

They both looked so young and childish in the pictures.

Suddenly, Cyno noticed the time. It was only 3 minutes until his birthday.

„ Wow! I'll be 20 soon!", he thought to himself.

That's when out of nowheee, Cyno heard a loud bang on his window.
It sounded like someone was banging on his window.

What if it was a burglar?

Or what if it was Kris? Was Kris, trying to ruin his birthday?

Cyno quickly hid under his bed, since he was scared and wasn't certain what to do.

„ Sweetheart, it's just me! Open the window!", a voice called.

Cyno immediately knew who it was. His cheeks turned red as he got up from under the bed.

Tighnari was standing outside Cyno's window, holding onto the wall.

Cyno turned red. He immediately opened the window.

„ Darling, what are you doing here this late?", Cyno gasped, „ And how on earth did you get up here?"

„ To be the first to wish my boyfriend happy birthday obviously!", Tighnari said smiling, „ I'm an experienced climber since I'm a child, since I've lived in a village in forest all my life!"

Cyno turned red.
„ Well, my birthday is in 2 minutes, so you came at the right time!", Cyno said smiling.

Both of them sat on Cyno's bed and stared at the time on Cyno's phone.

Soon, it was 23h59, and then finally, after waiting a minute, it was midnight.

„ Happy birthday my darling!", Tighnari said as he kissed Cyno's lips.

Cyno turned red.
„ Oh my! Thank you so much!", he said blushing.

Tighnari then took out his bag that he had brought along, and took out all of his gifts for Cyno.

„ I bought you some gifts! Pick which one you'd like to open!", Tighnari said.

Cyno felt touched. He felt emotional.

„ That one!", he said as he pointed at a small present.

Tighnari handed him the presents Cyno wanted to open in order, one by one.

Tighnari had gifted his boyfriend a dark green jumper, a box of chocolates, a face mask that Cyno always wanted (he was constantly talking about it) and a pair of brown pants.

„ Oh my archons, you're the best-!", Cyno began as he was aboit to lean in to kiss tighnari.
„ Ahem! I'm not finished yet!", Tighnari said as he put his finger up to Cyno's lips, „ There is still one more gift!"

He took out the collage of photos he had crafted for Cyno.

„ I made this just before I came to your house! It's a collage of all our pictures together! It's my way to show that...!", Tighnari began.

Cyno put his hands on Tighnari's cheeks. He looked him in the eyes, then kissed his lips.

„ Tighnari, thank you. You're the best boyfriend. I am so grateful to have you by my side!", Cyno said,

„ And I wanted to tell you that...I love you!"

Tighnari turned red. This was the first time Cyno told him that he loved him.

„ Hey! Unfair!", Tighnari growled as he crossed his arms together, „ I wanted to be the first to tell you that I love you!"

Cyno laughed.

„ I love you, Cyno! I really love you!", Tighnari said smiling.

„ I would choose you over anyone every day, you know that?", Cyno said smiling.

Tighnari turned redder.
„ Stop making me blush, you idiot!", he yelled. Cyno laughed.

„ Oh and have I mentioned? I also have a sixth present!", Tighnari said.

„ Really?", Cyno asked.

„ A birthday kiss!", Tighnari said as he leaned in and kissed Cyno again.