Chapter 1: Makima

Japan

" Man, only weak demons are here... At least we are getting paid for this... " Y/n said as a multiple pieces of demon parts were scattered. Sighing, he then went out of the abandoned apartment and jumped down the stairs, as he went across the street, he then bumped into a blonde teen who was a bit younger than him by one year.

" I apologize for bumping into you... " Y/n said, bowing as the blonde lightly tapped him. " No need to be extremely polite, man. " the blonde said as they then heard a growl. " Pochita? " he said as a canine-like devil then tried to attack Y/n with its chainsaw appendage on its head. " Whoa, there. I am not your enemy.. " he said as he gently placed down Pochita.

" Are you...a demon? How are you integrating in this place?! " the boy said as Y/n scoffed. " I am nothing but a street rat who made a contract with a devil near starvation. Is that enough? I hunt demons for a living, just like ya... Judging by your appearance. " he said as he sighed.

" I see some potential In you... What is your name? "

" Denji, yours? "

" Y/n. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect great things from you. " Y/n said as he walked past Denji and Pochita. " Weirdo. Although, great things? I think you are mistaken... My time...I think it's running out... " he said sadly as Pochita just stared at Y/n with hostile intent.

...

...

" So, how was the mission? " Auron asked as Y/n sat down on the table. " It was meh, just a normal day at work " he said as he played darts while the Chaos Demon was reading manga." To be honest, it didn't take a lot of time for me either. So...what are your plans later? " Auron asked as Y/n was done playing and stretched out. " Probably go to the arcade and play Street Fighter or Tekken, again. " he said as the Chaos Demon closed the manga it was reading.

" You're just going to be a sweaty nerd, I am in. Let's ruin someone's win streak. "

" Neat. "

The two then left as Auron was left alone. " Hm... I think I should call my drinking buddy. "

City of Tokyo

" Man! That was fun! " the Chaos Demon said as it childishly pranced around. " Yeah, arrogant bastard had it coming. Let's buy snacks and drinks, I feel famished a little bit. " Y/n told the Chaos Demon as it touched his shoulder.

" You really need it. Even though you are fed properly, you are still like when I saw you before we made contract. Still scrawny as hell.. Hell, you don't even look like a boy! " the Chaos Demon jested as it intentionally made the clone 5'7 just to mess with Y/n. " Let it go, Y/n... You have a snack to eat.... " he said as he just walked faster to avoid getting pissed off.

Along the way he then bumped into someone again, " Goddammit, again? " he muttered, gritting his teeth. " Oh, you must be having a bad day. " a red haired woman said as Y/n looked up at who it was. " Those clothes, you're a Devil Hunter aren't ya? " he asked as the red haired woman answered,

" Why, yes I a- "

" Shoot! "

The woman was cut off when the Chaos Demon fired off shards of itself as Y/n was then protected by her. " Idiot! " he shouted as the shards then exploded and spread out, taking it as the demon's chance to escape alongside Y/n.

" What the fuck are you doing?! We almost got caught! "

" That was the Control Devil asshole! Now lay low! The snack can be called off for the day. We can eat at our house. "