Chapter 20: The Setup

" Lord Chainsaw... We need to go to Chaos... " Beam pleaded as Galgali blocked their path. " We can't let you go anywhere. Anywhere than here is dea- " he was then cut off as the very fabric of space distorted and darkness took over the mall.

" I COMMAND YOU. O DEVIL WHO SUMMONS BEINGS TO HELL. TAKE THIS YOUNG MAN'S CORPSE AS TRIBUTE. SEND EVERYONE TO THE CHAMBER OF CHAOS. "

The voice of Hakos was the last thing heard before everyone was sent hell. " T-traitor! " Denji shouted as he was about to pull the cord. Kobeni then sliced off Denji's hand and Galgali went in to incapacitate Denji, only for Beam to take the hit.

" Lord Chainsaw! Run! I'll protect your friend! " he said as Denji looked at Y/n who was in the giant crystal and pulled his cord using his other free hand and ran off carrying the crystal. " WHY?! Why are you doing this?! " he shouted as he tried to escape.

" Escaping is useless my dear boy. " a female voice said as dolls went and surrounded Denji. " B-bastard! W-who are you?! " Denji said angrily as he cut through the dolls.

Abandoned Building

2 Hours before the event.

" So... Santa Claus huh? You share the same type of goal as me- no the purpose is quite different but I don't mind. Let's make a deal. I'll make ways to have you attain the power you wish to understand. In return:

Form an alliance with me. "

Hakos offered as the woman then scoffed. " You? What lowly demon like you can do to kill her? What would you gain for killing her anyway? " she asked as Hakos then lit up a smoke. " I don't have to disclose it don't I? Though I can say I can finally rest in peace if I do kill her. I am running out of time and once I enact my plan my time and life as the Chaos Devil will tick down as if I was Cinderella given a time limit on how much I can wear the regal outfit the fairy godmother gave me. " he said as Santa Claus looked at him.

" You're pretty pathetic you know that? FIne then, I'll go along with your game. Though I want to ask...

What is your biggest regret in life? " Santa Claus asked as Hakos then looked up and saw the unusually giant bird eyeing on them as they puffed a smoke.

" I can list out things I don't regret more than I don't. For that, I want to off myself in the face of Hell and Earth. Though I want to go out with a bang. "

Present

Hell-Ruins of the Temple

" Traitor! You would really betray us just to kill Makima!? " Aki shouted as Hakos nodded as everyone except Mayhem pointed their weapons at the Chaos Devil. " I don't want to do this really, but I have to do this for the sake of everyone. This is a ransom situation, summon me Makima and I will let you go unharmed.

I will not hesitate to use brutality just to get what I want. " they said as they transformed their arm into something similar to a crystal beast's claw. " I'll give you three minutes to play with you. After that, I'll have someone more fitting to handle this task in convincing you. " they taunted as everyone attacked Hakos.

Dodging every attack and decimating Aki, Yoshida, Prinz, and Angel by carefully hitting them in vital spots to incapacitate the four temporarily. Creating locust like projectiles made out of shards, Hakos then shot it at the three fiends, hitting and piercing their limbs.

Quanxi didn't like it one bit, firing an arrow at the crystalline arm which the arrow pulverized as Power impaled them with the tendrils. Letting tendrils go after it impaled Hakos, she drank blood from the blood bag and created another set of tendrils which she used to create cuts on Hakos' body and these tendrils then formed a hand which she used to swing the sword and cut off Hakos' head.