Chapter 14: Cavalcade of Threats

" Run away? From what? And where? "

" If I ask someone I know, I can hide you in a place where the Bureau won't know and find you. If it's there, then one day, we can go to school together. " Reze said with ' sincerity ' in her eyes as unaware, Y/n was keeping watch of their conversation. " Why? Why would you say this now? "

" That's because... I like you...Denji... "

Denji then looked down, as if contemplating his life choices. On one hand, he could run away far with Reze, then just ask her help to send a message to Y/n overseas. On one hand was the company the same friend Denji has and his buddies. " What's wrong? Do you not like me?" Reze asked. " No! It's the reverse really! It's just... I am leaving the friend I perceive as a friend- no...a brother. I am starting also to get along with his girlfriend who is a complete jerk and who is Vlad the Impaler in disguise, and my superior who is always a complete asshole.

To be honest, my life is as fulfilling here. If I leave, I might be betraying their feelings. "

Denji answered as he looked down from making Reze's attempts obsolete. " If I keep working here... Can I not see you ever again? " he asked her as she went close to Denji. " I understand, you have someone you like besides me right? " Reze said as they kissed.

As fireworks made their presence be seen and heard, Denji was then brought down, and blood could be seen. As he opened his mouth, it was clear that Reze had bitten off her tongue. A loud sniper BANG! was then heard as a bullet pierced through Reze's head.

A crow then cawed as Beam carried Denji off to safety. " Thanks for the signal! Fuck! Fuck! Why didn't I notice the scent!? That girl...She's Bom- "

BOOM!

" Thief. " the bomb-headed hybrid said as she tried to chase Denji and Beam. The crow then charged at Reze and then turned into normal Chaos Shards which the hybrid dodged easily. Hearing something fly towards her, she grabbed the trident and then threw it at a tree ninety meters away from her, which was where Y/n is.

Biting onto the trident, Y/n consumed Power's own blood and then released his restrictions down to Level 1. " Threat identified. Engaging combat until the enemy is unable to fight. " he said as he flew towards Reze who flicked a spark at him which exploded point blank at him. It didn't do much damage and it prompted him to use her shock as an opportunity to grab her head and slam her to the ground and throw her up at the sky.

" Power, retreat. You'll get killed if you get close to her. " he said in a serious tone as Power went with a salute pose before running off. Retracting the wings, Y/n then summoned a mace and then attempted to break Reze's head. The swing was then intercepted with her opening her hand and her palm created an explosion in front of Y/n's face as a smokescreen.

" You won't escape! " he shouted as he drew his custom pistol and fired two rounds created from shards, tracking her by sound. He then heard the bullets get deflected and reloaded the magazine with normal bullets, aiming for her limb.

Only the sound of a shield deflecting the bullet was the only thing he heard as the smoke faded. " Ara, looks like the cavalry has arrived. " he said as a bright halo-like rings appeared on the person's back. Even though the appearance looked angelic, the white cloak and clothing with engravings of the Order cult makes them an enemy.

" Ah, the monkey sired by the sniveling wimp of a devil. How fortunate. I can finally eradicate you. " the person said as their appearance changed into something demonic. " You got a lot of nerve saying that. " Y/n said as he then charged at the devil who then fired energy waves which Y/n evaded and then created a staff, attacking with swift yet precise strikes which made cracks at the energu shield. " You are pretty weak! EXPAND! " Y/n shouted as the staff then expanded, breaking the shield and hit the devil in the face.