Book 2, Chapter 2: Disaster's Interlude

Hayakawa Residence

" C'mon Aki, eat more! " Denji insisted as Aki barely even ate his food. " I can't... I am to occupied with everything. " he said as Denji shook Aki. " Snap out to your senses! Auron will find a way...He'll bring him back! " Denji shouted as Aki pushed off the hybrid and shouted,

" I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT AURON, I AM WORRIED I WON'T SEE THAT WITH MY OWN EYES! IN ONE YEAR, I'LL DIE! "

Denji and Reze were then shocked with the revelation as Denji became angrier. " How long have you been hiding this from us?! " he asked as he grabbed Aki by the shirt as Reze stopped Denji. " When I used the Curse Devil on the Katana Man. " Aki answered nonchalantly. Pushing Aki aside, Denji then went to leave as Aki looked away in shame at Reze.

' I'm sorry... '

Makima's Office

10 AM

" I am surprised that you are in your proper behavior. Blood Devil. " Makima disdainfully said as the Blood Devil who was in control of Y/n's body growled at her. This lead to the Katana Man smacking the Blood Devil, making Y/n's lips bleed.

" Fool! " Whip shouted as from the small blood on the lips, the Blood Devil made a blood dagger and stabbed the Katana Man's eye. Flamethrower Hybrid was about to transform but was interrupted when the Blood Devil rushed to kick him in the nuts and then followed with a kick in the jaw which slightly flung the tall man into the air. " Who's next? " the devil asked with a sinister grin as Makima remained unresponsive and with a command she uttered out,

" Restrain."

Obsidian chains came out and restrained the Blood Devil from any form of movement. To mock its attempts of resistance, she purposely broke off the handcuffs. " I thought I had killed you. Though I think your existence will have a use for me to protect Y/n... Defy me ever again, I'll force you out and bring you back to hell. " she threatened in a calm manner as the Blood Devil stopped and reluctantly complied. " Good.

Release. " Makima commanded as any control the Blood Devil had on Y/n went away temporarily as the chains shattered. " Terrifying... " Whip said, scared of what had happened. " Whip, help the Katana Man and Flamethrower to recover from their wounds. Well, all of the physical wounds, I don't think their mental states are going to recover instantly that they've been beaten by a restrained devil. " Makima commanded as Whip did as what she was told.

" Why do all my plans have to be ruined by a lout like you? "

USA

President's Office

" Makima is a dangerous entity, and you want ME to surrender the Gun Devil?! " a voice said as another voice answered, "Not just want, I order, command, and everything in between that to surrender the Gun Devil to me so I can seal it. "

" You want seal the only weapon that can potentially kill her?! Even with the 20 percent of the Gun Devil, we can- "

" The devil Makima has IN possession will definitely destroy whatever secret weapon you have. I am sealing the Gun Devil so that no one can ever use it. I hope you can understand that, Mr. President " the voice said as the president shouted, " What the hell are you afraid of?! You killed the Gun Devil at your own ingenuity and strength?! Tell me, is there a threat that I don't know that will threaten the land of the free?! "

" I have one. A group. They aimed to unite the Gun Devil to initiate Operation:Armageddon. "

" You could've notified me of it and we could eradicate them. Who is even operating the group you call a threat anyway?! " the president asked as the coated figure shook their head. " I'd rather...not disclose. I would not disclose anything to avoid panic. Though since you're very much an acquaintance of mine, I think I'll say these to you...just once,

Don't even think of using the Gun Devil on Makima. "

Y/n's Room

5 PM

" Tch, grounded for a week. Goddammit! " Y/n complained angrily as he was playing a video game using an SNES. " You're kind of lucky that she is pretty lenient on you, she could get...worse, for the lack of better word. " Whip told him as Y/n became a bit more whiny and sighed. " I just wanted to become a devil hunter to help her. She keeps going out of her way just to take care of me. If there is one thing that makes me similar to Blood, it's our love in Devil Hunting. " he said as he lost the game he was playing and shouted, " DAMN IT! "

" Alright, stop being salty. I know how much salt you can produce when you lose. Anyway, why devil hunting? It's the most dangerous job known to man. You could pursue the orphanage dream and Makima, like the saint she is to you, will help you achieve that dream. " Whip said as she turned off the console.

" Well... Other than the fun and thrill of it which Blood really relishes on, I want to protect people, I still remember the day the orphanage I was in...burnt down...no one was left alive as a son of a bitch made sure everyone in there was dead.

Whip, would you believe me...at the age of 7, I killed a person by pushing them into the flames? "

Y/n asked in a nonchalant manner as Whip was shocked from the question asked by him. " I don't, but by the tone of your voice. I think I do. I can't blame you though; you loved every people that took you in and treated you as family. " she said as she patted Y/n in the shoulder. " Don't even think of it. This is your new life now. It's more comfortable than what we have. I'll make a meal, what do you want? " she asked as Y/n uttered out:

" Any kind of meat with sinangag(fried rice). "

As Whip left the room, Y/n stared guiltily at her and looked down. " I feel like a horrible person. " he said to himself as he rested on the bed. He then received a message from Longsword with the words saying,

" I am outside, let's go to concert! "

' Welp, that's one way to let off steam. ' he and Blood thought as he went at the window and waved at the Longsword Hybrid who was in front of their house. Attaching blood strings, he climbed down of the room and rushed towards Longsword. " Let's go! " Longsword shouted as they stole Whip's car and drove it.

" Hey! Get back here you bastards! " Whip shouted as she was raising the spatula with full intent to throw it.

???

" I finally found you... Where in Hell's name do you think you're going? " a fiend said as Aki was about to go down Auron's basement. " Angel... I suppose you were tasked to guard this place huh? I am going right where you said. Hell. I am going to find a devil I can contract with so I can bring back Y/n.

I can't bear the guilt of being powerless. " Aki answered as Angel kept silent for a while and sighed. " Fine then. I'll join you. Someone has to pay their debt. " the fiend said as the two went into the basement. Inside were the Misfits, but one of them was missing.

" Where's the dog? " Future asked as the Misfits were silent, until Misfortune responded. " He went off. After Hakos' death, it went amok and ran off somewhere. "

" The death of its master made it go in grief. I never thought things would go south... By gar, I wish we had thought ahead. Darkness on the other hand is rampaging in hell, and God knows that means there's more devils appearing if they die. " Mayhem said as Aki went into despair and knelt down.

" Everyone, please... Form a contract with me.

I will give you everything I have in my body... Please, just please... Lend me the power to kill Makima... "

Aki pleaded as the Misfits looked to him with a worried manner. It was as if none of them had the will to even fight Makima as she had Hakos' orb captive.