Ch 4: What a Devil Hunter is Like

" Come on! Aren't you done taking a shower?! " Hakos shouted to Denji. " Give me a couple more minutes! Plus, who is gonna keep guard when you are charging that GameBoy Color of yours? " Denji said as Hakos kept silent. " Touche, I will go back then, just yell if you're done taking a shower. " Hakos said as it walked out near the bathroom door.

" Uhh, Hakos? I think Y/n and Power used too much shampoo. "

" Aw son of a bitch! "

...

...

" So that's why Power's hair smelled too fragrant. Also Y/n's. " Hayakawa said as he drove the car. " One is socially awkward without me sometimes, and the other is a demon who doesn't know how the world works. Heh, I wonder how that will turn out. " Hakos joked as it was eating chips. " Hey! Gimme one too! " Himeno and Denji said as the trio then quarreled over chips that Hakos was eating. This went on until Hayakawa stopped the car, spilling the chips on his hair.

" Oh... "

" Shit... "

" RUN! "

Himeko, Denji, and Hakos said respectively as they opened the door of the car to escape Hayakawa's wrath.

...

" Everyone, search for the Devil in question! " Hayakawa ordered as they spread out in two groups. Each team leader(Hayakawa for his own squad, Hakos for the other) had a Gun Devil piece. " So uh... What is that piece for? " Denji asked Hakos. " A Gun Devil piece. If this thing reacts to something, it means a demon is near... It would be a bloodbath so I would suggest using your chainsaw form. " it said as finally, they saw the Gun Devil piece react and then heard roaring.

" Fuck! Denji! Get away! " Hakos said as it pushed off Denji and shot the beast-like demon in the head, making it roar in pain as it ran off. " Looks like it is a bit of a coward. I thought lions are more prideful than this. Let's go, it should've made an abandoned building its den. " Hakos said as It coated its arms and legs with its shards. Hardening and strengthening it.

The two then got into the den, and they saw multiple lions, zombified to the core as they feasted on humans that they ate. Seeing the duo as enemies, ten of them attempted to pounce on Hakos, while five on Denji. Hakos then slammed one lion to the ground, crushing its skull to powder with sheer force. After that, it threw some shards at the four lions, with those hitting their heads and as such, those shards then spread out, piercing their brains.

Denji on the other hand then transformed into his chainsaw form, easily killing and cutting through the lions with ease. He then took the chance to kill three more lions that were onto Hakos. " Thanks for the backup. " it said as it punched a hole at a lion who was about to claw Denji from behind.

" How weak... " it said as it pulled out the lion's heart and squeezed it. Scaring the last lion and running off. " You sure are ruthless. " Denji said as he retracted his chainsaws. " I am not disciplined enough to pull off something like non-lethal techniques unlike Y/n. That's why I only use a portion of my power at best in the form of restrictions. " Hakos said as it made its hand bleed. " Drink, it will heal you. " it said as Denji caught some of its blood and drank it.

" I feel power surging through me! Thanks! Now let's hunt that- "

Slam!

The coward lion then was cut into two, and a loud roar was heard once more. A giant lion, towering both Denji and Hakos appeared as it then charged at Denji and quickly hit him with its paws. It then turned to Hakos and tried to slam it with its paws, only to be blocked with a giant shield.