Book 2, Chapter 9: Sacrifices Worth The Consequences

Denji had then cut Makima as he then stomped on her ' corpse ' only for it to shatter into obsidian glass. " Denji behind- guh! " Reze was then cut off as a hole was punched on her chest by an invisible force.

" You can shut your mouth for a bit... " Makima said in a commanding tone as Denji swiped and tried to strike Makima, only for him to be backhanded and flung towards Reze's near dead body. Attempting to chain Makima, she then grabbed the chains of the chainsaw and as she turned her free arm into the arm of the Chaos Devil, she then shattered the chainsaw on Denji's head and slammed him to a wall.

" The only reason why I had barely won against Aki was he knew how to use precognition clearly. To be fair, I don't know WHY the Chainsaw Man had chosen you among the rest. There's Aki, Reze, Auron, hell even my lowest henchmen can be the Chainsaw Man. I'd even let Hakos have it if he was human. Why must a pathetic whelp of a pervert like you deserve anything? " Makima said grudgingly as she choked Denji and made him cough up blood by stabbing a spear at his chest.

" Your heart will be a fine gift for him. " Makima said darkly as she stared at Denji with killing intent. Suddenly, a sniper bullet then shot through Makima's head as she dropped on the floor. " Target hit. Retrieve the three now. " a soldier said from a transceiver from afar. As a group of soldiers then went and approached the area, they helped Denji and Reze recover as some tried to retrieve the Gun Fiend.

" Sir Kishibe! Permission to open fire? " a soldier asked as Kishibe appeared from the chaos and commanded:

" Fire at will. "

Machine guns then fired as they riddled Makima with bullets all over her body as she fell down. Suddenly, two of the soldiers were then impaled as the other three were then burned. Alerted, Kishibe grabbed the oncoming spear and kicked the hybrid attempting to attack him. " So you must be our replacements huh? I expected more from you... " Kishibe said as he threw the hybrid at full force towards a steel bar which ironically impaled the hybrid.

" Burn for me baby! " the Flamethrower Hybrid shouted as he engulfed Kishibe in flames as suddenly, unscathed, he attacked using a karambit and quickly slit the hybrid's throat. " That was easy. Come on... Give me more of a challenge while I buy some time. " Kishibe said as he cut his hand and made Spear Hybrid recover using the devil hunter's blood.

Suddenly, two people then attacked at once, both impaling Kishibe in the heart. One wielded a kris blade as one was a spear, the weapons had thrusted into Kishibe's chest....

or so they thought.

" You really do look down on me that much huh? " Kishibe asked as the weapons shattered. Kishibe then broke Spear Hybrid's jaw with a kick and then clashed with Makima using the karambit. Suddenly, he then grabbed the kris, his skin darkening, as if it was hardening.

" Nice knife. " Kishibe said as a faint smile was then seen before he broke the kris Makima had created. " These are- " Makima then realized what it was:

Nanomachines.

" Surprised? They harden in response to physical trauma. Your attacks still hurt, but it's not enough to kill me. " Kishibe said as he then slashed Makima in the stomach and went in for the kill, until the same shadow wings spread out, demonic horns twisted to form a halo. This time, the dark essence of a snarling face covered half of her usual calm face again.

" I am not afraid to dirty my hands to kill a traitor. " Makima said as in a flash, a punch then launched Kishibe a few metres away as Makima helped the two hybrids recover. " Oh... A three versus one? That seems unfair... " Kishibe complained jokingly as Makima worded these out in a spiteful tone:

" I don't take kindly to traitors. Spear, Flame... kill. "

Family Burger

6 PM