Book 2, Chapter 1- A New (Manipulated) Life

1 Year After the Assassin's Arc

" Today on breaking news, an unknown entity has been seen hunting devils in the Tokyo vicinity. Many had speculated this particular entity is either a devil or a fiend. Who is this unknown entity, and what is their reason in killing devils? "

A news reporter said as a red haired woman then was intrigued of the news. " Hm, interesting... I wonder who it is... Katana, Spear. Find the unknown creature hunting devils. However, keep Y/n as your top priority if he ever falls prey upon the said entity. " she ordered as the two then followed without any defiance.

' I wonder how Y/n is doing... ' Makima thought as she then looked outside through the window. Wondering about Y/n's well being.

2:30 PM

" Finally, class dismissed. Man I hate being in class. " Y/n groaned as he walked towards the hallway. Seeing that there isn't any car in the school entrance, he then grinned and went rushing towards the exit, only to be grabbed by a Devil Hunter. " And where do you think you're going mister? " a tomboyish voice asked as Y/n uttered out, " You do know that the nearest convenience store I go to is just a few dashes away right? "

" We can go there by car. Besides, I'll have you in interrogation for your previous disappearances while Longsword drives the car. "

" Oh fuck off! You aren't that strict the last few days ago! "

" Sorry kid! Makima's orders. We can go to that idol's concert next week though! Get in! " a man in a dark blue longstring hoodie said as the two went in. As they drove the car, Y/n then looked at Whip who was reading a list. " Okay, so where were you last Monday at 7 PM? " she asked as Y/n casually answered, " Buying idol-related items. You know how much Longsword loves it. "

" Bingo. I have 2 new items on my apartment. Thanks! "

" Oh goddammit. Okay, second, where were you when- " Whip was then cut off when Longsword hit the brakes due to the heavy traffic and people running away. " Squad 5, where are you? A devil has been spotted in the southern portion of Tokyo, we need your help! " a radio said as Whip responded, " Copy that, we are arriving as soon as possible. Longsword? " Whip asked as Longsword grumbled, " Yeah, yeah, take the kid home. I know. Come on, let's go. "

Whip then left the car as she rushed out. " So, ready to bust some heads? " Longsword asked as he handed over a broadsword and a tattered hood. " Ready. Just please tell Makima I am doing an assignment at a nearby cafe. " Y/n said as he left the car and rushed towards the scene.

' Welp, I just hope I won't have my body taken over by the devil inside me. Whatever, let's take a shot in the dark. ' he thought as he unsheathed the broadsword, nearing the scene.

Major Part of the Tokyo City

" Hahahaah! All tremble in fear! " a giant humanoid cockroach said as it laid waste on everything in its path. People panicking and screaming in fear as they ran away from the scene. Two people then stood in front of it as a blonde male yawned. " Welp, another day at work again. Right Reze? " the blonde asked as Reze smiled. " Yep, wanna know who gets to kill it first? " the girl named Reze asked as she was about to pull a pin on her choker.

" Hell to the fucking yeah! " the blonde answered as he pulled the cord near his chest. With Reze and the blonde transforming into demonic like forms similar to a bomb and a chainsaw respectively, both of them dashed towards the giant cockroach as the devil took notice of them,aiming to smash the blonde who stepped aside and cut the cockroach devil's arm, making it bleed. Stepping back, the Cockroach Devil aimed more carefully and swiped at the blonde, making him fly away towards a building.