Waking Up Dissociated

"You can't hate the roots of a tree and not hate the tree." ― Malcolm X

~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the first tournament, Harry has been getting a lot of attention. The Yule ball has also been getting closer. A new class was added to our agenda, it would be ball dancing. I groaned, I so didn't want to practice this shit. I didn't even plan on going to the Yule ball.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance."

A lot of the girls were fairly excited. Pansy was really excited too, as we sat together she kept hitting me with her elbow. She was practically hoping the Yule ball was tomorrow.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasly, will you join me?"

I smirked in amusement as I watched Ron hesitantly walk with Professor McGonagall to the middle of the classroom. I tried so hard not the laugh as Mcgonagall was telling him to put his hand on her waist. They danced to the music, Ron was actually pretty good considering the circumstances. Suddenly, one by one the students were being pulled together.

I watched as boys and girls were paired randomly. I looked over at Pansy who was so happy she was paired with Draco. Suddenly I began to get pulled too, and for my luck it was Blaise.

"Hey, sunshine."

"Blaise! We haven't talked since your party."

"I know, I started thinking you were mad at me."

"I could never be mad at you." We laughed as we danced along to the music. Blaise was actually fairly good at dancing, I wasn't too bad but I definitely needed the help. I think McGonagall paired up the people who sucked with the people who were good.

It was good to catch up with Blaise. I've been so busy with Harry, and Carter, and Pansy, and class... Bloody hell. I took on more than I could chew. After about an hour we were set free to go. Blaise and I pulled away, walking together to the grand hall for lunch.

"So Sibyl... How's being the help for Potter?"

"What do you mean?"

"Carter told me you were helping Harry. He said he saw you in the forest the night before the tournament."

"How did he? Wait but that doesn't make sense... I didn't tell anyone." Then it dawned on me. I had said to Harry that I would meet him after classes, but I didn't think anyone would know where we were. I licked my teeth and stared forward, why would he tell people about it? It's not like anyone didn't know me and Harry were friends. As we entered the grand hall, I was met with Cedric's gaze. I ignored it, but then suddenly two gigantic boys come over to me.

"Fred! George!" I smiled as they walked over to me, arms slung around my shoulders.

"Thank you for helping our pal! Harry told us that you helped!"

"But he was too much of a baby to actually use it!" Fred and George let out a laugh as they finished each other's sentence. I giggled as they rubbed their knuckles into my head.

"Did Harry find out about the second challenge?"

"Yeah!"

"He did indeed."