Creeping Around

"The only real conflict you will ever have in your life won't be with others, but with yourself."
― Shannon L. Alder

~~~~~~~~~~~

Snape looked at me. His eyebrows twitched, and I stared into his eyes letting him know I was serious... More than serious. I never wanted to become a death eater, never wanted to be anything like my father, and for that, I needed a way to figure out all of his moves without becoming what he is. Sure, I'll play the villain... But only for a good cost.

"Riddle this is serious."

"I know... That's why I came to you." I began to pace back and forth. Snape was the only father figure I ever had. Lucious was never there, so I never had someone to give me the 'father treatment.'

"Look... You're the only person in this school I trust, the only one I see as more of a father figure... I'm the heir and all you've done is treat me like a normal student and for that I'm grateful... But Snape... I really need your help." Snape stared at me as I continued to pace. My heart was racing, and so many thoughts were going through my head. What was I even getting myself into? Now that my father knows I'm aged enough to rightfully take his place, there was more than I thought I had to handle.

Snape sighed and gripped my shoulder to stop me from pacing. I looked up at him, he stared at me for a little while before pulling me into a hug. Snape was never an affectionate person, so this took me by surprise. I didn't hug back, but rather take in the moment that I'd never felt before.

For someone to validate my feelings, someone who was actually willing to help me no matter what it took, felt powerful. It felt like I was on top of the world, even if it was just one person on my side, it was more than I ever could ask for. Snape let go of me, and we stared at each other for a little while longer.

"I'll help you... Only if you promise to never make promises to your father. A tricky man he is..." I nodded as a small smile appeared on my face. I pulled Snape into a hug this time, hearing a small gasp come from his mouth. I pulled away quickly and smiled at him before taking my leave, but before that, I turned around and looked at him.

"Thank you, Severus... Oh and by the way... I think it's safer for Draco if I stop tutoring him and vice versa... If you could help me I think it will work out better for Draco." He nodded in response and I made my way to the grand hall. Draco and I only had one tutoring lesson, but so much happened in that time. Did I need to stop tutoring with him? No, but I am because Theo believes Draco can hold his own, which he can, but not good enough to save himself from my father. I looked around for Pansy, only to notice she was waving to me. I walked over to her, still gaining many stares from the students who saw me marching through the halls.

"Hello, my pretty girl."

"Stop, Pansy you're too kind." She smiled at me as she began to turn herself away from the boys and look at me. Pansy wasn't as bad as I thought she was. She was actually pretty sweet, and especially now since I was focusing more on Carter than with Draco, she was way nicer to me.

I felt a small hand touched my back and looked up to see it was Carter. He smiled at me as I smiled back. As he sat, all I could notice was Theo staring our way. I looked over and stared into his eyes, only for him to look away as soon as our eyes met. I looked him up and down, his whole presence pissed me off.

"Are you okay?" Pansy waved her hand in front of my face, gaining my attention rather quickly. I shook my head before putting a small smile on my face.

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing... you were just staring at Theo for a bit..."

"Was I? I didn't even notice, I kind of zoned out."