Float Like a Feather

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." —Joan Powers

~~~~~~~~~~

I gasped for air as my head reached the surface of the water. As I was pulled up onto the deck, I was coughing up water. Ron at my side patting my back, and drying me with a towel. I looked around frantically for a different similar face that could make me snap back into reality.

I looked over my shoulder and noticed Hermione was the same as me. Gasping for air and trying to breathe. Blaise and Pansy rushed over to me, thanking Ron for helping me while they couldn't get to me.

I looked back at the water, we were at the black lake. I watched someone swim up, and it was Cedric and Cho. I could only see Fleur crying about how her sister was still down there. I had wondered how many people were down there. So far, it was me, Cho, Hermione, and Fleur's sister, but we were missing someone. I could only think Harry saved me, but if one person could only take one... Where is he? Suddenly Harry submerged from the water gasping for air as I did.

"You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" Fleur kissed him on the cheek and Harry blushed. I stood up from where I was sitting, shivering from the cold air hitting my wet skin.

"Harry?" He quickly looked at me and smiled. I smiled back as he walked over to where I was standing.

"Thank you for saving me."

"You were the one I was supposed to save, but Fleur's sister was still down there... I couldn't leave her."

"Still... Thank you... Thank you for saving both of us." Harry nodded as I pulled him into a hug. It was an awkward hug, but there was still a form of platonic love.

"Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr. Diggory!" The crowd cheered as Cedric pumped his fist in the air. I clapped and looked over at Harry who was a little disappointed that he came last.

"For showing unique command of the bobblehead shark. The way I see it, Mr. Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mrs. Riddle but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre." I looked over to Harry and we jumped together. A big grin plastered on my face. I congratulated Harry as he walked over to Hermione and Ron. I smiled warming, only to be met with Cedric's gaze. He looked at me blankly, just as I did him.

"Sibyl!" Pansy rushed back over to me, causing me to look away and be bombarded with a huge hug. I laughed as I hugged her back. She began making sure I was okay, Blaise following her lead as well. I looked around but Carter was nowhere to be found. It hurt me a little to see he wasn't there, but to be able to be surrounded by people who actually cared, was nice.

As the boats made their way back to Hogwarts, I couldn't help but shiver. A coat was placed over me, causing me to look behind me. I didn't notice earlier, but Draco had sat down behind Pansy, and I, sat right next to Blaise. Blaise was rubbing my back in a way to soothe my nerves from waking up and gasping for air. It was kind of scary, to be honest, but at the same time, it felt peaceful. I looked back over to Draco who just stared into the lake. I turned myself around as we made our way back.

I ran straight to my room after we landed. It was cold, it was early February, and snow was still on the ground. My jaw clattered as I made my way into Hogwarts, the warm air hitting me. Once I reached my room, that's when I noticed Carter.

"What are you doing?"

"I've been trying to find you since the morning but you were nowhere to be found."