Rose-Tinted Glasses

"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." ―Helen Keller

~~~~~~~

I woke up to warmness on my back and the sun hitting my face. I smiled and rolled over to face Carter.

"Hi."

"Good morning." I moved my hand and moved some of his hair out of his face. He smiles at me before doing the same as I did to him.

"You know the yule ball is tomorrow?"

"Is it? I didn't even realize it was that close." Carter sat up in bed. I didn't realize it when I turned over, but as he sat up I could see all of his toned muscles moving as he stretched. He placed his hands over his face and groaned before turning his body to look back at me. I couldn't help but look him up and down. I don't think I've ever seen him shirtless.

"Carter?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think of us... What are we exactly?"

"We can be whatever you want to be. I'm perfectly fine with doing things like this... Doesn't have to be official if you don't want to." I nodded and sat up in bed myself. I stretched before walking out of bed and over to my dresser.

Siren jumped up onto the bed and began to rub herself all over Carter. He chuckled as I began to pull out my school uniform, grabbing his in the process. Carter has slept in here a couple of times, so it only made sense he had one of his uniforms in here. I threw his uniform at him and walked into the bathroom to get ready for class.

"Pansy?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Who are you going to the ball with?" She looked at me and blushed. I gave her a small nudge and a huge grin.

"Neville..."

"Bloody hell! Really?" I threw my arms around her and pulled her into a hug. Crazy to think that the quiet Gryffindor would take one of the girls in Draco'd friend group. Before we know it, Mcgonagall walked into the class, and class had begun.

School went rather quickly. I think I was too focused on the ball to be interested in class. Classes involved me getting yelled at for not paying attention. I wasn't even writing notes, and for that, I gained a lot of snickers from Malfoy and his ape friends.

"Pansy, reckon we go to McGonagall to go to Hogsmeade to get some dresses?"

"I don't think she'll mind... We are good students." I smiled as we quickly walked over to McGonagall with some pleading eyes. It wasn't long before she caved in and granted us a slip. We squealed as we began making our trip to the dorms to get ready to love.

It was snowy out so we made sure to dress warmly. I wore a baggy plaid sweater and layered it with black leggings and then black jeans. My hair was worn down to keep some heat, and I wore a white scarf and hat. I didn't realize how close to Christmas day we were.

It's crazy to me that almost a month has gone by. In the span of a month, I met with my father, watched my friendship crumble with the trio, which they obviously call a trio for a reason, and began to develop feelings for Carter. I also became good friends with Pansy, and I would call her my genuine best friend. Once I finished getting ready, I walked out of my dorm and into the common room so I could wait for her.

"Hey, pretty." I smiled and looked up at Carter. He walked over and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Hello."