Core Strengths

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." ―Maya Angelou

~~~~~~~~

"Cedric?"

"Hey... Can we talk?" Cedric looked at Pansy. I looked over at her, she had a mean mug on her face before crossing her arms and sliding her tongue across her teeth. I nodded my head slightly as her gaze met mine. She looked back at Cedric before motioning his head to go.

"Five minutes Diggory." Cedric looked at her and nodded before pulling me through the hallway. We walked for a while before entering a small empty hallway.

"The tournament is tomorrow."

"I'm well aware." Cedric stared at me, expecting to see some sort of emotion but he was met with nothing.

"How are you feeling about it?" I scuffed. I crossed my arms and looked at him. He had a serious look on his face.

"Well?"

"Fine. I'm feeling fine" Cedric clenched his jaw slightly before turning away his eye contact and scratching the back of his head.

"Are you sure? you don't seem to be too sure." And of course, he was right. I don't feel fine about it, but I really am not going to open up to someone who stabbed me in the back. Yes, I should be over it by now... But since the third year Cedric and I have been a thing. Almost a year together, so for him to question me like he is doing, I refuse to answer honestly.

"Yes. Are we done now?"

"Sibyl, I'm serious... Talk to me."

"No. Are we done now?" I could tell he was getting frustrated, but again, I refuse to let this man see me be vulnerable.

"Sibyl. I know you more than anyone in this school... I can tell when you aren't okay."

"Good for you, but I think since the last time we ever talked, you no longer know me... And you don't get the right to continue to know me."

"Fine."

"Fine." I turned around quickly and began my way back to the grand hall. I walked right over to the Slytherin table and slammed myself onto a seat. Everyone looked at me as I sat down with a huff.

"What." I glared at everyone, Pansy just giving me a concerned look.

"What happened, love?"

"I'll tell you later." I looked around at the table and noticed Blaise, Astoria and Draco all looking at me, waiting hopefully to hear my answer.

"Too many people are listening." I turned my eyes over to Astoria, her gaze quickly moving away. I began to eat some dinner, mostly picking at whatever I placed on my plate. I could tell Pansy was worried for me, but she knew not to push because of who was around.

I didn't stay to finish my breakfast. I just stood up quickly and began my journey to my classes hoping the day would go by quickly. I didn't realize but Pansy followed me quickly, grabbing onto my arm, almost making me stop abruptly.

"So, what happened?"

"Nothing. He just liked to pretend he knows me now. He asked if I was okay about the last tournament, but I don't want him to know how I was feeling. He doesn't have that right anymore."

"Hey, Sibyl!" Great. Another inconvenience.

"Yes, Carter?" Pansy and I turned around with annoyed looks on our faces. Carter jogged over to us, a small smile places on his lips as he reached us. He caught his breath a small bit before looking between Pansy and me.