A Foolish Trade

"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." ― Malachy McCourt

~~~~~~~~~

I didn't realize it but Draco had followed me. I tried to ignore him but his footsteps were too loud.

"Bloody hell Malfoy! What do you want."

"Oh, I figured I would follow you... Considering we missed our tutoring last night, we could do it today." I sighed as I stopped walking. I turned around and moved my hands to motion him to lead the way. A smirk was put on his face as he walked in front of me and made our way. Once we entered the library, Draco made his way over to the private corner. It was quiet and hidden behind bookshelves, so no one would really bother us. I groaned as I sat down on the opposite end of the table.

"Don't worry Riddle, I don't want to be here either." Draco sat down and pulled out a potion book. I pretended to gag, getting a small smirk out from Draco. He was looking through the book in complete silence, wasn't he supposed to be tutoring me? I tapped the book he was reading so he could look up at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be tutoring me?"

"Oh, right... I forget you were as dumb as rocks."

"Excuse me, if you forgot, I'm tutoring you for DADA because Mr. Malfoy doesn't know how to protect himself properly." Draco rolled his eyes. He pushed the book to the front of us so we could both read what it contained. After a couple of minutes passed by, Draco closed the book and looked at me with a smirk on his face. Bloody hell, what is it now.

"Isn't this where you sucked Cedric off?"

"You know what, maybe I'll just fail potions and let you die." I began to sit up and smiled softly at him, with a small death vibe coming from me, but then Draco grabbed me by the hand.

"It was a joke, chill out."

"I don't like your jokes... You know Malfoy, not everyone is out to get you." Draco stared at me before pulling his hand away and motioning his head back down to the chair. I sighed as I sat back down. He opened his book once again, this time studying it himself. He looked up at me and then back down to the book.

"Can you tell me how to make Veritaserum?"

"Are you mad? You think the person failing potions knows how to make that?"

"God, just try for merlin's sake."

"On the day of the new moon, pour Standard Potioning Water into an iron cauldron and bring to a simmer, Pour a Vial of Ptolemy into the cauldron with an anti-clockwise motion and allow to simmer for ten minutes, Stir Powdered Moonstone into the mixture one spoonful at a time, dissolving thoroughly... And that's all I know."

"Well... It's a start." I sighed as I places my head onto my hands. This was going to be super frustrating. Draco was super smart, I'm pretty sure he was ahead of Hermione. Just as his dad taught me, he also taught Draco. I stared at Draco for a little bit, I wonder what goes on in his mind. For someone who has been taught DADA his whole life just as I was, why was he so bad? He knew everything, so why did I have to help him out?

"Are you done staring?" I shot my head up and looked the other way. I was flustered, I was staring too long. I stood up from my chair and walked over to one of the isles. I walked around for a small while before finding the advanced potions-making book. I brought the book back with me to the table Draco and I were sitting at.

"You don't need that book... I have one here. You can't use that one anyway, you aren't advanced."

"Well, you aren't sharing that book. All you're doing is testing me when I didn't even have a chance to study the material... Talk about the worst tutor ever." I opened the book and began to read, but suddenly the book was ripped out of my hands. I looked up at Draco who had a smug look on his face. He closed the book I was reading and used his wand to place it back where it was found.