Chapter 17: Out Of the Closet Now

(Mikey's POV, !!Harsh anxiety!!)

I find myself worrying about coming out to my brothers, what would they think of me? I just gotta say "Hey, you guys can call me any pronouns except for it, I for some reason don't like that one, but I identify as genderfluid and omnisexual/polyamorous/aroace still questioning, so, yeah." But it's not that easy, plus my tics might mess me up and I'll sound completely idiotic, "Mikey, pizza!" Donnie called, "I'm coming, 'm coming!" I shout back, I'm extremely nervous.

My tics go stupid on the way there, "Gay, I identify as your mom-" I say, I swear I better be able to come out to them, "Hey, after (click) dinner, can I talk to you guys alone and just one after another?" I ask, I don't have the courage to tell them all at once, but this'll work. "Ok?" they say, so after that, I talk to Donnie first, he'll be able to process it.. Probably.

"What do you wanna tell us that's so important, Mikey?" he asks, "Well, it's just, um, (click) I- I'm- (sigh) I identify as genderfluid and am questioning myself between omnisexual, polyamorous, and aroace, I would prefer you call me by he/she/they and other pronouns except for it/its/itself." I stutter out fast, "W- I- I need some time to process, but cool! I think that's wonderful that you're exploring and finding out more about yourself, little brother!" he says, I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding until now, I plan on talking to Leo next.

"Donnie said that you said something even he couldn't comprehend? Wow, and Donnie's a super genius." he says, "Yeah, well its because- Ooh, look, a penny!- because I'm genderfluid, any pronouns except for it/its and I'm questioning myself between omni, polyamory, and aroace." I tell him, he was silent for a moment "Uh, Leo you ok?-" I ask, "Yeah! I'm fine, I just can't process all of- well, most of- what you said, I- I'll need time to comprehend this-" he says, I get Raph.

"Why do the other two look like they just got hit in the head? They have stars over their heads." he said, "Yeah, I mean, I- (click x2) I identify as any gender and use any pronouns except for it ones, don't know why, and I'm caught between omni, poly, and aroace." I slap him in the face, verbally of course, "So, you're part of the LGBT community?" he asks blankly, "Uh, yeah." I say, "Cool." then he just walks off, but then I hear "Whoop! I can finally experience having a gay sibling." half jokingly, but I can tell he's proud of me for being able to come out.