Chapter 18: What's That Song?

(Casey POV, YES THERE IS A SONG, >:D !!suicidal and SH ideals!!)

Mikey came out his room humming a song that sounded kinda familiar to me, "My legs are dangling off the edge-" he's humming. I tap him on the shoulder, "What song are ya listening to?" I ask, he just stares at his phone blankly, "Uh, nothing, it's nothing to worry about." he says, well, that was weird. 

After school, he's humming the same song, but he doesn't have his earbuds in, so I do the unthinkable and go to Donnie, "Hey, Donnie." I say while going into his lab, "What do you need from me this time, Jones?" he asks blankly, sheesh, a little less attitude would be appreciated, "I have a teensy-weensy, itty-bitty, super-duper small favor." I tell him, "Ok, what is it, and don't take forever to tell me, just get to the point." he gives sass, "I need you to hack into Mikey's phone playlist." I say quickly, "Ok- What the fuck, Casey, that's one of the strangest things you've asked me yet!" he said, "Well, I heard Mikey humming a certain song I thought was familiar, so, please?~" I ask, "W- I can't rig- Fine." he sighs, "Thanks, D'" I say.

We're able to get the playlist on his computer, I click on some of the songs and they don't sound like the one he was humming, but they were really depressing songs. Finally, I get to one named "Bullet" it says it's from Hollywood Undead, no wonder the song sounded familiar, I listen to that band! I take my earbuds out and start to play it out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My legs are dangling off the edge

 The bottom of the bottle is my only friend

 I think I'll slit my wrist again, and I'm gone, gone, gone, gone

My legs are dangling off the edge

A stomach full of pills didn't work again,

I'll put a bullet in my head, and I'm gone, gone, gone, gone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit there in silence, Donnie's concerned again, we both are. We plan on talking to Mikey about the song after their patrol, I'm not really home most of the time anyway.

I hear them coming back after an hour, "How was the homework?" Leo asked, "It was shit, I have to write an essay instead of going on patrol." I say, "That's- (click)- bullshit." Mikey said, "Yeah, and can me, Don, and you talk alone?" I say, "Sure, why?" he asked, "Um, it's not important." I copy what he said earlier that day. "What's not important that you wanted to- gay- talk about with me alone, ooh, pancakes." he said, me and D' just look at each other and then at Mikey, "Well, do you listen to Hollywood Undead?" I ask, "Some of their songs, why?" he answered, "Me and Jones think you're letting the intrusive thoughts in again, we listened to some songs in your playlist-" he starts, "You went through my playlist?!" the orange bandana turtle asks, "Yeah, but only because Casey heard you humming a song he thought he knew, so, he asked to see your playlist, but we want to know why it's in your list." he finished, "I- Motiva- I like the sound. I like the tune, nothing to worry about!" he says, I feel like he was lying so, I decide to go through the playlist from the source, his phone.

And I would've gotten away with it if I didn't blast it on the speaker. "What the hell, man?! (click x2) That's an invasion in my privacy!" he shouts, "Look, dude, I'm sorry. I really am, but why do you really listen to the songs?" I say, "I- I use it as motivation, I do like the song for what it is, but I mainly use it as a motivation." he tells me, he's quiet, the whole lair seems quiet too, "Motivation for what?" I ask.