Prologue

"I want a healer on board. We don't know what we'll come across, so find someone", Prince Caspian said to the general.
"Your highness, there is quite a good healer in the village near the Palace. She is one of the best in Narnia."
Caspian stopped dead in his tracks.
"Then how come I don't know him?", he questioned and turned to the general.
"It's a girl and she likes to stay low because it is rumored that she is cursed." 
"Has she ever done something that proved the rumor?"
"No, your highness."
"Good, then she's coming on board with us. The voyage on the Dawn Treader won't be easy and finding the Lords won't as well. I want only the best for the crew so offer her anything and have her ready by tomorrow evening. That's when we'll set sail", Caspian ordered without blinking an eye.
In truth he heard about her.
He knew about her.
He just couldn't show it because several people disliked her just because of this certain rumor. And he wouldn't like to set off his generals that cared a bit too much about his reputation.
But in knowing her brother he also knew about her outstanding healing abilities. So he knew she would be great on board. The only thing he worried about was having her as the only girl there surrounded by only men and water.
Maybe if he would take her brother on this trip she would have at least one attachment figure and won't feel pressured or cramped in an only men environment.
Oh how wrong he was...