Chapter 21

„So let me get this straight. There is a place for fairies that you have access to but can't figure out how to reach?", asked Matthew with closed eyes while his head layed in Melody's lap. She softly stroke through his hair.

„I think so. I honestly don't really know. It's just... it's where we should be. Where we belong. Where we can live freely..."

„But?"

„But I finally found friends and family here. I mean Lucy and Edmund are probably only temporary but still. Then you, Drinian and Caspian." Melody sighed deeply and leaned her head back against the mast.

„What's up with you and Caspian? Something going on there?"
Meloy hit his arm.

„Oh you... shut up."

„There is?" He sat up and smirked at her. „Tell. Me. Everything."

„Nothing happened. Yet."

„Yet? So there is something going on."

Melody rolled he eyes and shoved him away from her.

„I hope so. I mean... I'm not blind. I see the way he is looking at me."

„You recognise it because you do the same", he chuckled and merely escaped the rope Melody throws towards him. „You know I'm telling the truth. I saw it the moment you two started to be friends."

„I know. But he's the prince..."

„And you are a fucking fairy with elemental powers, you dipshit. Get your head out of your arse and just do whatever. You nearly died and this journey will be a wild ride either way so why not allow yourself a bit of joy?", asked Matthew frustrated. He obviously knew that Caspian had fallen hard for Melody and that Melody was on the path of doing the same. But he also knew that she didn't want to be disappointed or pressured by the outcome of whatever they will be. Because she was right. He was the prince. And she was no royalty. Even if she wouldn't realise that she was far greater than that.

„You say it as if it was that easy", sighed Melody and closed her eyes again. Feeling the breeze tickle her skin. She raised her hand minimally and let her fingers weave elegantly through the air with small gestures. The wind responding to her and changing its course, tilting, going back and forth and at last push over Matthew.

„Hey! That's not fair!", he complained.

"Melody!", a harsh voice cut through the air. Deliam came towards her rapidly making her leep up. "You follow me, right now."

And before she could even realize it he already took her arm und dragged her behind him to a far end corner on the deck.

"Are you kidding me? Did you not listen at all! You shall not use your magic! I'm trying to protect you and you pull such a shit!", he whispershouted at her. 

"Protecting me? I don't need your protection!", she chuckled dryly. "You made me supress my magic and you will never do it again." She wanted to walk away but he stepped in her way.

"You won't turn your back on me!"

"I should have turned my back on you ages ago!", she shouted back. (Anyone got the reference?Hihihi)

"You made me constantly suffer, for what? That nobody sees it? Bullshit!1 they thought I was a witch! Everyone thought I was some kind of monster just because you didn't allow me to show my wonderful magic! AND FOR WHAT?! Ego?" She saw his face contort in anger, which made er laugh dryly. A laugh that makes you shiver. "You just couldn't handle that I was special and you weren't. That I am a beautyful magical being and you are just some ordinary boy. Honestly Liam. Fuck you. I'm gonna live my life the way I want to, beginning now. Because I do not know how much time I have before everything goes to shit!" 

And with these words she left behind a stunned Deliam and went with Matthew under deck. Away from prying eyes. 

"I honestly don't know where he find the audacity to tell you what to do", raged Matthew.

"Shit. We need to calm down. Anger is so not helpful with cursing away the darkness" spoke Melody and sighed, rubbing her forehead.

"Want to go swimming? I have a feeling that this will be one of the last days with good weather, let's enjoy it before everything goes to shit."

"You're right. Let's do that."

~ (sry, only) 731 words

_________________________________________

AN: Sorry for the short chapter. I hope the next one will be longer. Have a great week everyone! :))