Chapter 6

After organizing some of her healer stuff she went to the top again, wanting to talk to Matthew as the two of them didn't talk much the last two days. She considered it a crime seeing that both of them talked endlessly with each other since the start of the journey. 

But as she reached the top she saw Lucy sitting alone staring at the ocean. 

"The ocean is magnificent, right?"

Lucy looked up and smiled when she saw Melody standing next to her. 

"Yeah, it looks truly beautyful. I honestly can't believe that we are back in Narnia again. I wished for it but I didn't think it would happen so soon. I thought we would have to wait another year to go back", she revealed.

"Well, I'm glad that you are here now. I honestly thought you both were much more... strained and king-and-queen-like if you know what I mean. But you two seem really cool and gentle. I can understand why the Golden Age was one of Narnias best times if you two and your other siblings ruled it. Togehter you four had all the good traits that are needed to rule a kingdom righteous and fair, but also protecting it with all your might. You really inspired a lot of us, especially after the defeat of Miraz."

Lucy smiled and patted on the barrel indicating for Melody to sit down next to her. 

"I'm sorry for asking so rudely but would it be possible for you to tell me how the hell you ended up here appearing out of nowhere in the ocean. And how could you have not aged a bit since the Golden Age?", asked Melody cautiously not wanting to scare Lucy off with her questions and curiousitiy. 

Melody knew the stories from Aslan but she wanted to hear it from her perspective and learn something about her. And honestly, she was High Queen Lucy the Valiant who was rumored to be gentle, nice to everyone, a literal sweetheart but also brave like a lioness and strong when defending her loved ones and her kingdom - who wouldn't want to talk to her?

"You know, we were first shocked but ecstatic when we went through the wardrobe back to England after the first time being in Narnia. We ruled for fifteen years and couldn't even really remember that we didn't originally came from there. But in the next second we started to feel the devastation creeping on us because we just abandoned our kingdom and every friend we cherished. 

After a year we somehow came back through a train station and thought we could return to the old times. But when we found the ruins of Cair Paravel we knew that something was wrong. I don't know if you read about the story but later on we were told that over a thousand years have passed making us instantly feel guilty because the Narnians had to hide and were decreased in numbers. We were called by Caspian who escaped from Miraz as his wife has given birth to a son making the little boy the heir to the throne. I think you know the story. After the battle we had to almost immeadiatly go back to where we came from without even having spend much time in Narnia. It was especially hard for us because in our other world is an on-going war. Actually not much time has passed this time in between our visit to Narnia. Edmund and me lived for a few weeks with Eustace and his family because our parents, Peter and Susan are away and they couldn't take us with them. Living with the family of Eustace was half a nightmare because both Endmund and me are not really relevant for them and Eustace is keen on making our lives a living hell. So when water streamed out of the portrait and flooded our room, we immediatly knew that we would be back in Narnia in no time. We went under water, swam to the top to break through the surface and were right in the middle of an ocean with a ship heading directly towards us. When we saw Caspian the first thing we felt was happiness but also a bit melancholy as it was the first time Susan and Peter weren' with us  in Narnia. I'm honestly scared that we will just jump from fight to fight to war with a constant living in fear of the awaiting trouble. I just want to enjoy Narnia, not only fighting it's battles."