Chapter 11

Eustace wished to have Melody by his side who wouldn't make fun of him. But she seemed to ignore him as he didn't even get a glimpse of her since they came back on board.

With this thought he sunk back further between the barrels, wanting to be back in England. In a familiar environment and a world he could trust. A world without magic. He desperatly wanted to get away. But with these thoughts clouding his mind he couldn't see the beauty of Narnia completly missing the uniqueness of talking animals and the marvelous sea. 

---

Lucy was long asleep when Melody's eyes fluttered open. She wanted to move but groaned as her whole body seemed to be on fire from the burning pain that rushed through her. She noticed Lucy sitting with her head on the bed, resting against it. 

She tried to remember what happend, the last thing on her mind being the bidding of Lucy and with no idea what happend after that. With slow movements she removed the blanket that was draped over her from her upper body. She hissed as the palm of her hands began to burn too. She looked at them seeing burns all over it. 

She wanted to move her body further but everything seemed to hurt making her lay still. 

"This will be long fucking days if the pain won't disappear", she whispered waking Lucy up with her quiet talking and movements. Lucy looked up from her sleeping position straight into the green eyes of Melody. Blue eyes met green. 

Burn this witch! 

Burn! Burn!

Please spare me! 

Light the fire up! 

Burn you little bitch! 

Melody!

"Melody", asked Lucy scared cautiously shaking her to bring her out of her shock-like state. 

The blue eyes of Lucy seemed to bore into Melodys' making the memories of the three men that lit her on fire repeat in her head spiraling her down into an endless loop. 

When Lucy noticed her shaking she let her go and panicked. She didn't know what to do.

"I will be back. Hold on", exclaimed Lucy hoping Melody will be still awake by the time she comes back. She ran into the quarters where Caspian slept alongside the crew. 

"Caspian", she shouted while running the hallway to the door that seperated the quarters from her. Lucy burst through the door panting heavily from running as fast as she could. 

"Caspian! Edmund!", she ran over to them, but they've been wide awake by the time she called Caspian the first time. They sprung out of their beds nearly falling, running the last steps over to her. 

"It's Melody", she panted making both kings go pale. They looked at each other shortly before they sprinted to her chamber. By the time they were by her she was still shaking. Knees pulled against her upper body, sobbing quietly, staring into the room. Her gaze being focused on something they could not see. 

Caspian was the first to be by her side, gently taking her hands. She pulled them back by reflexe before staring up into his eyes. His brown eyes that seemed to glow of warmthness against the cold blue eyes in her memory. She jumped into his arm letting the pain overcome her body again to make the blue eyes in front of her vision disappear. The same blue eyes that made her feel this pain and that haunted her mind imagining them everywhere. 

She tightly closed her eyes clinging to Caspian for dear life. He was taken aback before quickly enclosing her in his strong arms , protecting her from whatever seemed to go on in her mind. He let out a breath, relieved to finally feel her again. Feel her being alive again. He tightend his arms around having the strong urge to protect her.