Never thank me for loving you..

The bayou -

Hayley followed her fiancé deep into the bayou, wondering secretly how the hell her wife to be knew about all of the nooks and crannies.

"Are you going to tell me what we're doing out here instead of enjoying the day with our daughter?" She asked somewhat sarcastically, huffing as the bayou bog spoiled her new boots "I'm spoiling my boots."

Kara snickered "I'll buy you a new pair" she said continuing walking "and for someone who was hellbent a year ago on finding her family , you're rather impatient."

Hayley rolled her eyes "That was because I thought you and I.. well you know exactly what I believed then. But things are different now."

Kara hummed "I know darling. As for your previous question. I'd love nothing more than to spend every single second with our daughter but for now.. we have to make sure we're prepared. That means the sooner we marry, the sooner we'll have an empowered wolf army ready to strike down any foe threatening our darling Hope." She stopped and overlooked the rudimentary grave yard

Hayley scowled "Is this your idea of a romantic date? If so baby, I have to say you'll have to do better."

Kara shook her head "No.. you know one side of your story. I thought it best if you knew more than you do about your past. This is the resting place if you can call it that for traitors of the packs, murderers .. etc." she kneeled down in front of a specific one "Like this one for instance."

Hayley stared at the rudimentary grave marker "How do you know about this place?"

Kara chuckled "New Orleans was my kingdom. I never only focused on one part , I focused on everything that made New Orleans .. special. I met a few of you're ancestors, the lebonair line. Royalty. Much like my own line.

Despite my nature you're ancestors and I struck an accord. Vampires and wolves would live in peace, staying out of each other's way. You're ancestors were more agreeable than the other pack inhabiting the lands."

Hayley kneeled down beside Kara "Jackson's family?"

Kara hummed "The mckenna's there were strong, loyal.. but very stubborn. It took plenty of conferences and meetings to finally agree on a peace treaty. They weren't royal like your family but they did have plenty of clout back in the day."

Hayley read the grace marker, the writing was faded "so what does this have to do with this guy?"

Kara smiled sadly "You know, Mary might not remember , but when she was a child I saved her from being attacked from a vampire.. she was a child, couldn't have been older than 6 or 7 but I was passing through Arkansas and found her bleeding..I saved her life, healed her and brought her home. Later on she went to marry and moved back to her ancestral home.. New Orleans. This man. Was her husband. According to a few wolves I've met throughout my travels, a warmonger, very Militant and rigid in his beliefs that vampires and wolves were mortal enemies, one couldn't exist with the other."

Hayley frowned "What happened to him?"

Kara pursed her lips and sighed "Word had it that the your parents and Jackson's parents wanted peace and make a deal with Marcel as their ancestors did with me." Kara said repeating the story she heard "Richard over here wasn't happy. He went ballistic.."

Hayley looked horrified and shocked "it's because of him?"

Kara nodded sadly "Yeah, he killed your parents. He wanted to stop them and for everything they stood for."