Chapter 9

We were going to our party which was hosted by Sarah. Yup, this is going to be so fun.

Hinder wore his signature, white v-neck shirt, average blue jeans, black converse, and black leather jacket. Oh that jacket. Me on the other hand I wore black skinny jeans, a black shirt with a graphic of my favorite anime Soul Eater, I like black star personally even though he's the most hated character of that anime, my black converse and my army green rain coat. Yes it's the hot bad boy and me the awkward geeky girlfriend, I know we sound like a cliché.

"Are you okay" Hinder asks as he drives up. Her house is a big two story one. I have no clue how many rooms there are let alone how much square inches it is. So don't ask me to describe it, it's just to big. It's modern with all new fancy equipment. That's all I got, just be happy with what I have to offer.

"Yeah, it's just a lot bigger than I though" I sigh. This is old money.

"Well let's go, we are the guests of honor" I just knew that would bite me in the ass later. He smirks at my irritation. Sometimes I wonder how I work with him.

We close the car doors behind us as he locks it. There is no going back now. I look over at Hinder and I knew he was thinking the same thing. He puts my hand in his and I can't help but smile. "Really to see the wizard" I ask quoting my favorite childhood movie.

"It's more like the wicked witch" he smirks at me. I'm just glad he got the reference. It is also scary how similar we are. We walk up to the front door ready to face whatever could be behind the big white door. I press the door bell squeezing Hinders hand tighter. "Everything is going to be..." the door whipped open.

"OMG, I'm so glad you made it" Sarah squealed making me cringe. Even though Hinder annoys me, he at least does it in a fun and smart way, while Sarah can do it just with the sound of her voice.

"Yup, we are the guests of honor right" I point out with a fake smile. Well hopefully I can try to have fun.

"Of course come on in, everyone is in the back where the pool is" Sarah chirps gleefully. She stepped out of the way letting Hinder enter and letting him drag me along behind him. Sarah guided us to the back of her big house with lot's of white walls and hard wood flooring. Don't judge me I'm not good at describing house's, let alone this mansion. She opened the glass back door where a big party was being held on the back yard. The pool was built in and in the shape of an egg. The music was what was ever popular on the radio these days.

"Do you know anyone here" Hinder whispered in my ear. I shook my head slowly looking at the terrifyingly big crowd of people who go to our school. "So it's not just me" he chuckles making me laugh. The music stops and Sarah is now holding a microphone. Oh dear lord this is not going to be good.

"Check, check" she spoking taping the microphone to see if it is working. "Welcome one and all, so how is the party so far" she asks making the crowd cheer loudly. "That's good to hear, so our guests of honor are here, the cutest couple winners! Hinder Marks and Rebel Conner" she yells out making the crowd look at us a cheer. "Yup, so let's show them how to have fun" she yells and turn off the microphone handing back to the DJ. The music came back on as a swarm of people came towards us.

"Fight or flight" Hinder ask as frozen as I am.

"Fight, never back down from a challenge" I grin at him with all the confidence I can muster. He nodded in agreement as the crowd approached.

"Congratulations" a lot of them would say. Then we would get a bunch of questions about are relationship like. "How long have you been together?" Which was a year. "When did you know he was the one?" To everyone I would say when we met, but in reality it wasn't till we started to work as a team did I know. And lastly I would get. "Do you plan on living together after high school?" Which was yes, since we are still partners plus we are planning on going to the same college. The crowd broke us apart half way through all the questioning.

After what seemed like hours with no Hinder I decided to go look for him. Of course I would get stopped to be congratulated, but I was not going to stop my mission. Where the hell did that boy go? That's when I spotted him being dragged inside by Sarah. That's odd. I followed them in and found out they went up stairs. The closer I came to the top the louder their voices sound till I could finally hear them.

"Hinder I've been meaning to tell you something" Sarah says. I keep low watching them. Hinder has his back to me which is good because he would have spotted me by now. What is this about?

"And what is that Sarah" he said casually as almost board. Well that's Hinder for you.

"I, well... I um..." she then pressed her lips on his. I stepped down so I didn't see anymore. My heart was beating fast and it hurt. Why am I feeling this way?

"Sarah, please don't do this. I don't want to hurt you, but I'm in love with Rebel and nothing can change that. She isn't like any girl I've ever met and I will never give that up. She means everything to me" Hinders words went through my soul. He feels that way about me. My cheeks heat up as I bite my bottom lip to hide my smile. I love you too Hinder. I am finally facing my true feelings for Hinder.

"Are you sure " Sarah asked desperately. How pathetic, I actually feel sorry for her.

"Yes" he sounded so positive and I heard his foot steps heading towards the stairs. Crap, better get going. I hurry down before he can spot me, but I feel a hand tug me back before I can get off. I get spun around and hia soft lips press against mine. We kiss with more passion than we ever have. I guess because it means so much more now.

"I love you Rebel Conner" he says trying to catch his breath.

"I love you too Hinder Marks" I smile happily and he returns it with his own. He kissed me again before he headed out. I've always been afriad of letting someone in, since I have the fear of them being taken away from me, but I know now Hinder was here to stay. And I can let him in knowing he's going to stay.