18.

toni braxton — fit

toni braxton — fit. ⤴

Janet and I were in the car now. She was tapping her fingers against the door in sync with the blinker sound and quite honestly, I wanted to smack the life from her. Her phone kept going off and she was just staring at the messages coming through. I was going to ask if everything was alright but I figured it wouldn't be a good idea. I knew she was anxious about what had just happened back at the house so me questioning her would make  her probably feel worse. So I let it go. I planned on talking about it with her but I was currently speeding down to the woman's jail. 

Now that I say that out loud, I should slow down before my roommates aren't the only ones who need to be bailed out. I did get the money out of the room and I was shocked. I always wondered why they never went to work or did anything yet were never late on rent. Now I know they're trust fund babies. Explains the lack of morals and impulsive lifestyle. 

We pulled up to the jail and Janet's eyes grew wide. Her little shocked facial expression was kind of cute. I chuckled and undid my seatbelt, then hers. 

"C'mon we should be in there for maybe fifteen minutes at most." I reassured to calm her nerves. I could tell she was nervous about even going in there. I didn't know why but I'd more than likely ask later. 

I walked in with Janet close behind me and went up to the clerk desk. I had already paid for the bond and stuff through the phone so I was honestly just here to pick them up. I signed a few papers saying who I was, gave I.D and proof of the paid bill and then waited. I'm surprised I remember they're full names. 

Jasmine Steve's and Shay Bryant. 

Those are kind of ugly but I didn't name them so I'll mind my business. Anyway, after that rude lady told me to be seated and wait for them to be brought out I sat next to Janet. She was bouncing her thigh up and down. I gently placed my hand on her knee and looked at her. She looked over at me with tears in her eyes and I frowned my eyebrows. 

"What's wrong, why're you about to cry?" I asked in a hushed tone. If I would have brought any attention to her she'd probably die. She bit her lip and shook her head.

"No, just talk to me." I told her, bringing her close. This was kind of weird being we're in a stinking Jail waiting room but I'd cringe about that later. 

"I-I can't. Please don't make me talk about it." She choked out. I nodded my head and guided her head to my shoulder. She had a thing for physical touch so I knew that if I rubbed her arm or played in her hair it'd calm her down a whole lot. 

And I didn't mind the physical touch either. 

I guess. 

Anyway, after a few more minutes my roommates came out of the back door looking a mess. Their clothes were dirty as I don't know. And their hair looked terrible. 

"Y'all look disgusting." I said, greeting them as they got closer. 

"Wow, what a confidence boost." The shorter one who I'm sure is Jasmine said. I rolled my eyes and headed towards the exit. I hated chit chat anyway. 

They got in the back and Janet got in the front again. I started driving back to the house as fast as I could. The faster I drove, the less time for anybody to get to know anybody.

"So, are you the new roommate that took that other room from Toni?" The light one, Shay questioned Janet. She was leaning up on the middle piece since she sat in the back. Janet had calmed down and stopped crying so nobody noticed. 

I looked away from the road to see Janet looking at me for an answer and I just shrugged. Whether or not she wanted to be their friend wasn't my choice. They seemed like good people, despite the fact that they're fresh out of Jail... Other than they were alright, just loud. Plus, I just don't like people so I made it my mission to not know them. 

"U-Um yeah.. I came here from Maryland." She answered timidly. I heard Shay hum anad Janet cleared her throat. She's horrible at meeting new people. 

"That's kind of cool. I can tell you're not from Baltimore. That's where we're from." Jasmine added in. They're from Baltimore?! 

"Both of you are from Baltimore?!" I thought aloud, still driving. Shay scoffed and agreed. 

"Yeah, we're cousins Toni. I thought we told you that." Said Jasmine. 

"No I think you did I just wasn't listening most likely. I didn't peep the acc-." I said absentmindedly before getting cut off. Some man started honking his horn at me and I looked over out my window with the biggest mug in the world. He was signaling for me to roll my window but I knew better. Out here if a man told you to roll your window down, he was about to spit the worst game in the world. 

"No thank you," I mumbled to myself before speeding off once the light was green. Janet, jazz, and Tay started talking a bit more but I didn't join in. I just kept driving home. Once we got there I automatically noticed some black figure by the window that led to the kitchen. I shushed all of them like it would help me see better. 

"W-what's wrong, T?" Janet mumbled .I pointed towards the alleyway and they all gasped. 

"There's a little person trying to break into our house, guys." May said. I rolled my eyes and looked back at her briefly. 

"We see that." I huffed. That was so dumb of her. I squinted my eyes a bit more, the sun was sitting so it was sort of hard to see. I had already turned my car off so the lights wouldn't be noticed. 

"Is that.. an--" 

"Adidas hoodie?" Janet finished for me. That was Ciara. I sucked my teeth and jumped out the car. Of course, Jan was quick behind me and the other two girls jumped out too. I ran over to Cee and knocked her down off the stool she was trying to get into the house with. 

"What are you doing??" I shouted at her once we hit the floor. I wasn't even a fighter for real, I'm too pretty for all of that but she provoked the true anger issues in me. 

"Get the fuck off me!" She screamed before pushing me off. My other roommates helped me up and I was about to start kicking her in her face but Shay picked me up. 

"Woah, we don't need to bail you out next bro." She said, holding me back. I was so busy trying to get to Ciara that I didn't even notice her snatch Janet until she started screaming. Her and Ciara we on the ground fighting. 

__ 

Oh hey bitches. 

1231 Words