Chapter 24 An expert extraction. 2022

Ra's disappeared and Jason collapsed.
Lyla did he best to catch him but really just ended up breaking his fall.
Jason was bigger now, Lyla had barely been able to carry him out of that lab all those years ago, how was she supposed to carry him now.
Jason was significantly taller than he had been, placing him well over six feet tall, and was now well defined with large shoulders and impressive muscles.
Lyla checked his pulse, it was still strong, he was fine just unconscious.
She'd left her phone and com on the boat, so she had no way to call for help.
She didn't want help.
Not yet anyway.
She needed to make sure Jason was himself before everyone found out he was alive.
To the boat. She just had to get to the boat.
The boat parked on the beach on the other side of the island.
Lyla was sure it was after midnight by now and there was no way she was leaving Jason to come back with help, so she'd have to move him herself.

    By the time Lyla saw the sands of the beach the sun was painting the sky pink.
A repulsive smell filled the air. An all to recognizable smell.
Lyla tried to run, dragging Jason with her, she tripped dropping Jason again. He didn't grunt or sigh, no sign he'd felt a thing. He just laid there, and empty body, until she scooped him up again. Dragging him the rest of the way to the beach, she tried to be more careful.
When the trees cleared her boat came into view, or what used to be a boat. Her boat now sat a pile of flames and ruble.
She nearly collapsed, her knees buckled in panic, when a sound filled the air from above, she snapped into survivor mode again.

Her eyes scanned the clouds but there was nothing there.
Well nothing at firsts.
After a moment a hole ripped open in the sky and Connors face smiled down at her.

    " Need a ride?" He offered.

    " Connor you're my hero." She returned his smile.