Chapter 52 The Next Generation

"I'VE COMPLETELY LOST CONTACT WITH BATGIRL AND ROBIN. THEY WHERE SCOUTING A WEPON SHIPMENT ON THE WEST DOCKS, SOMETHING MUST HAVE GONE WRONG."

"Did they make it to the docks?" Lyla asked.

"YES THEY WHERE ALREDY THERE WHEN I LOST CONTACT."

"Where's Batman? He couldn't get to them?"

"HE'S GOD KNOWS WHERE ON A LEAUGE MISSION. I WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED YOU IF I THOUGHT I HAD ANOTHER OPTION."

" Yeah I know." She looked up to find questions painted across Jason's face. "Send me the details of their mission. We're on the way."

Lyla pulled the earpiece out and returned it to her pocket.

"What was that?" Jason asked.

"We're not going home just yet. Robins got himself in trouble. We're the best shot he's got."

Without another question they mounted their bikes and drove west.

They weren't the same docks. Lyla continually had to remind herself that she wasn't back there. They searched storage crate after storage crate while doing their best to stay quiet. Tim and Stephanie had vanished over two hours ago but the docks they had disappeared from where all to quiet.

Jason grabbed her wrist from behind her.

"Red, what he hell?" She snapped.

"Shh listen." He whispered.

She turned her head the way he was facing and sure enough there was a large black crate sitting several yards from the rest. A steady thumping sounded through the distance, as if someone was tapping on the side. The door where open but she couldn't see inside at this angle.

Without discussing a plan Phantom made her way to the crate and pressed her ear to the side. The voices where muffled through the metal but unfortunately for them these assholes where being loud.

"I'm not so sure about this boss." The voice was shaky and sounded young.

"The bats only weakness is his kids just shut up and keep watch. He'll be here soon." This voice was deep and had a heavy accent.

"There trying to lure Batman." She told Red Hood.

"I guess it's a good this he's not coming then." The eagerness was heavy in his voice.

"There's at least two," she whispered "maybe more. The one sounds like a kid. Let's make sure he walks away, he may not have had a choice in this."

"How the fuck are kids getting wrapped up in this shit, first the girl with the drugs now this."

"Are you ready?" Phantom asked.

She had a small throwing knife in each hand while Jason clutched her dagger in his right hand.

He nodded and they rounded the door to the open crate.

Phantom immediately released her blades, landing one in each thigh of the man charging toward her. He hit the ground with a scream. Red Hood was locked in a choke hold by the other man. He was massive. He stood significantly taller than Jason, placing him near seven feet tall. As ski mask covered his face but not his anger.