Chapter 34 Puzzle pieces

" You really don't remember Talia at all?"

" Nope." Jason said leaning back in the dinning chair. Lyla sat across the table from him, chin resting on her knuckles. " Could you draw her? The drawings in your journal helped me remember you as a kid."

" You looked through my journal?"

" Did you really expect me not to?"

" I don't know what I expected." Lyla mumbled. " But yeah I can try."

" Why is she so important anyway?"

" She knows something about my parents."

" Really?"

" Yep and apparently I have siblings."

" Are you sure? The Shadows like to fuck with people and you where quite the pain in their ass." He said with a proud smile.

" I don't think it's that. She helped me find you. Well not exactly. She gave me a riddle and it wasn't that helpful but I think he helped me find the motivation to keep looking."

" What was in the riddle?"

" She told me you'd be exactly where I expected you to be. Now I realize she was telling to go to infinity island but we'd scouted it and not found anything so I didn't think to go back.

" I still don't understand why you need me to remember her."

" I'm getting there. After I got you back here and realized your memories where all fucked,  she was the one who told me it wasn't permanent and we could dig them back out."

" She came here?"

" No, there was a phone in that drawer. She called. I put the phone back in the drawer and it disappeared again."

"Spooky."
Lyla rolls her eyes.

" Anyways, she said she'd helped me for a reason and we'd find it in your buried in your memories."

They sat in near silence as Lyla sketched the best she could remember.
The sound of a vehicle cut through the silence. Jason jumped to his feet and pulled the hand gun from under the table. 

" Jason!" Lyla snapped.

He ignored her and kept closer to the door.

" Jason!" She scolding again. " you're still a secret!" She reminded him. " Let me handle it."

Jason groaned and lowered his weapon. " Go hide in the bedroom, it take care of it."

Jason did as she told him, mumbling protests the whole way. Lyla tucked his discarded hand gin into her waist band, took a deep breath and pulled the door open.

"Lyla." Dicks smile greeted her from across the drive way.