Chapter 51 New Conflicts

-      Jason's pov   - 

The air in Gotham had begun to chill as September came to a close.

" I've got all night." Jason sing-song voice echoed around the large empty room. "Tell me who you are distributing for and maybe, just maybe, you'll see the outside of this room again." The man continued to only whimper as he thrashed around. He was hanging from the ceiling by his wrist, dangling just a few inches above the ground.

Lyla was leaning against the wall behind him, blending perfectly into the shadows. Though the man couldn't see her, he knew she there.

The Red Hood didn't operate without his ghost, and the scum of Gotham had come to know that has fact.

"I..I don't know." The man muttered through his swollen lips.

"You don't know?" Red Hood repeated.

The man went quite again.

"The fuck do you mean you don't know? Your selling drugs and you don't know what it is or where it came from?"

He still didn't answer.

"Oh come on," Jason said the mischief clear in his voice. "Don't give up on me now. How'd you get it?"

Jason pushed the man in the chest cause if him to swing from his wrists. He groaned in pain and brushing was becoming visible around his restraints.

"I.. I dunno..." He mumbled. "There was this girl.."

"Who? What'd she look like?"

"Uh.. she.. she was blonde and... and short. She sounded young, a...a kid even.  She was the one who brought brought me the goods. Said her boss wanted them sold and he'd get the money when he's ready. I swear that's all I know."

"Hmm well I suppose you've been helpful. Thank you." Red Hood said while freeing him from the cuffs.

As soon as his feet hit the ground, the man scrambled to find his balance before running fro the door.

Before he was halfway across the room a trowing knife lodged into his neck from behind. He made a gurgling sound as the blood gushed from his neck before he fell onto his face.

" I really though you where going to let him get out this time." Jason said pulling his helmet off and tucking it under his arm.

"Do you really think so little of me?" Phantom asked finally leaving her position from against the wall.

"I think the world of you, my love." Jason said stepping towards Lyla. " Let's get out of here. I'll have on of the guys come clean up."

In the last month, The Red Hood had become a force that the slime of Gotham had learned to fear. They'd successfully avoid conflict with the Bats and had managed to demolish a huge sex trafficking ring in only a few weeks. And until a few days ago they'd had a vice grip on the drug trade. Someone had started distributing a new drug right under their noses. Three people had already overdosed and more where hospitalized and this new drug had only been on the streets for a week at most.

A beeped chimed from near where is hand was placed on Phantoms hip.

"What is that?"

"Oracle." She answered, the confusion was heavy in her voice, and despite not being able to see her face Jason knew something was wrong.

She fished the small black earpiece from her belt and put it in her ear.

"Oracle?" She questioned.

" PHANTOM?"

"It's me. What's going on?"

" OH THANK GOD. I NEED YOUR HELP."