Chapter 30 Harper 2022

Lyla felt like she should have been exhausted after hours of relentless fucking, but she wasn't. The clock above the stove read 3:17 A.M. and Jason was fast asleep in the bedroom across the way.
But Lyla couldn't turn her brain off.
She sat, in nothing but Jason's to big tee-shirt, on the island in the kitchen, warm cup of tea in her hands.
Her head replayed the events of Infinity island over and over like a movie on loop. Jason's shocked face, whatever Ra's had done to knock him out, Connor and bio-ship, the promises that ran over and over. 'Roy's never going to believe that bullshit.' Echoed through her head like a voice in and empty cave. Roy was still waiting. Guilt pinged in her heart. Roy had been an anchor for her the last three years, she would never hurt him.
She never wanted to lie to him.

"Now's as good a time as ever." she told herself.

She picked her phone off the counter and dialed Roy. Part of her hoped he wouldn't answer swing as it was the middle of the night. Lyla was never that lucky.

"Lyla?"

" Hey Roy" she greeted trying to sound friendly.

" Are you okay? It's the middle of the night." He asked, his voice heavy with sleep.

Lyla could feel Jason's eyes watching her from the door way now. She turned to find a still very naked Jason. She smiled at him and and joined her atop the kitchen island.

" I'm good I just felt like I should check in and see how you where."

" Is that the case or where you finally going to tell me the truth?"

" uh..."

" Did you really think Boy Scout jr. could lie to me? I mean he tried but he's a terrible liar."

" Well....."

"What'd you find Lyla? What was on infinity island?"

" I found HIM Roy." She declared, pulling Jason's hand into hers. " I found Jason."

" WHAT?"

" He'd had his memories fucked with and was under some kind of mind control. But we're working on it. He's himself again and the memories are coming back."

" You mean to tell me you've had Jason back for more than a month and didn't bother to tell anyone?!" Roy was now shouting into the phone.
Jason got up and started rummaging through drawers and cabinets.

" I didn't tell anyone on purpose," she stated, watching Jason switch to looking in the hall closet. "He's himself enough now he can decide when he's ready for everyone to find out."

" Did he ask you to tell me?"

" We'll no but," Jason re-emerged from the closet with a pack of cigarettes. " Where did you get those?"

"Alfred used to smoke when he was stressed." He shrugged.

"Is that Jason? Can I talk to him?"

Lyla pulled tho phone away from her ear and put it on speaker.

" Roy wants to talk to you." She said and traded the phone for the pack of cigarettes.

"Roy?" Lyla shuffled around the kitchen looking for the matches she had stashed.

" Jay?"
" Yeah it's me."
" I can't believe... how are you feeling?"

" Little better everyday." Lyla had lit a cigarette and was leaned against the counter watching a naked Jason talk to his best friend. His cocked twitched at the sight of her.

" When can I come see you?" Jason was smirking at Lyla.

" Soon. I've got some stuff to take care of but soon. Look R. it's late I'll talk to you again soon."

" Alright. It's good to hear your voice Jay."

" Yours to. We'll talk soon."  He hung up and smirked at Lyla.

Jason began to approach Lyla as she put her cigarette out into an empty bowl on the counter.

" So how long did you two fuck?" She asked returning Jason's now nonexistent smirk.

" What?" Jason stopped his his tracks only a few inches from Lyla.

" I mean I know it was before me but..."

"Lyla he's my best friend." She raised a knowing eyebrow.

" Ugh," he groaned. " It was just once. After a Team mission." Lyla still glared at him.

" Fine twice. But it was stupid, we where kids and..." Lyla pulled him into a soft kiss, broken by her smile.

" It's fine Jay, I'm not upset."

" Really?"

"Really."

" How long have you known?"

"Christmas eve gala." She said prancing to the bedroom leaving a dumbfounded Jason in the kitchen.

"Seriously?"

" Yep!"