Chapter 35 Rescue plan

"Lyla slow down." Jason wined.

Lyla had been running in circles for the last 20 minutes packing weapons and trying to locate all the pieces of her suit. She'd pulled the bat symbol from her suit and fixed it up to be optional. She could wear it when it felt fitting.
Now she wanted it.
Now she couldn't find it.

" Are you even sure bout this? There's no way Talias your mom."

" Obviously, which means Damian and I share a dad. Maybe Damian knows who he is." Lyla said, not stopping what she was doing.

" Okay and they're on infinity island. How are you going to get there."

" WE." She corrected. " You're coming with me and I'll take one of Bruce's boats like I did when I was looking for you. He has too many, he'll never know the difference."

Lyla strapped Jason's katanas to her back.
He didn't care for them but Lyla had actually come to enjoy them.

" Lyla we just took out the Joker. We need time to reset."

" I don't have anymore time." She said finally stopping to face him. "You said it yourself, Damian  could be in danger. I finally have a chance to find out what happened to my parents Jay, I can't wait  any longer!" She grabbed his helmet of the table and placed it in his hand. " Please come with me. I don't want to do this alone. Jay this is everything I've spent my life searching for." She pleaded.

" I can't say no to you." He smiled at her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

When they arrived at the Mariana Lyla texted Barbra.

" I'm taking a boat. I'll probably bring it back."

And déjà vu flooded her mind as she set out to find the boy who could change her life.