XIII

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ──┐

SOPHIE AND I had an amazing evening. I did my nails, basic french nails, shorter. Longer nails, no matter who did them for me, always seemed to break, or I just didn't know how to act with nails. Either way, they looked pretty. It's seriously amazing how much my hands look put together and nice with pretty nails.

Sophie begged me to call Landon. This would've been our second, perhaps third time having dinner in our favorite restaurant without him, and since we often had those get-togethers, he would definitely get suspicious of not going recently, and then he would be pissed if one of us slipped and told him that we came without him.

And, we were going to have a few drinks so we needed a driver.

Landon met us at the restaurant, patiently waiting at our table. He was dressed up much more than I'd expected. Then again, Sophie and I did look good, he probably didn't want to be the odd one out. He looked good.

❝I ordered for you.❞ He said as we sat down. Sophie sat next to him, while I was across from them.

❝Great.❞ Sophie responded.

Landon glanced at both of us, ❝You girls look pretty.❞

I got my hair trimmed, layered and colored. I didn't go crazy, just some highlights here and there. The layers did look good on me, though. I've never had my hair done that way and that change was something I needed.

We thanked Landon and it was when our wine arrived. We chatted a little bit about random things, before Landon's phone buzzed. His demeanor changed drastically as he read the message. Sophie gave me a confused look to which I shrugged my shoulders.

❝Kasia texted me.❞ He muttered under his breath.

Sophie snorted, ❝What did she say?❞

❝She said to call her as soon as I can.❞ He retorted.
I chimed in, ❝Well? What are you waiting for? Call the damn bitch.❞

Landon's look told me to calm down. I rolled my eyes. ❝Why would she need you to call her, anyway? I thought she hated the two of us.❞

❝What did the two of you do?❞ Sophie questioned, in a warning voice. It sounded like she was our mom and was about to scold us, take away our electronics and ground us for a month.

I grinned, ❝Literally, nothing. We just didn't want to be her friends.❞

Landon's response was a snort, ❝And I didn't want to help her with getting Hudson.❞

Sophie hummed, and snatched the phone out of Landon's hands. She typed for a few seconds, paused, and then typed again. She locked the phone, returned it to Landon and acted as if nothing had happened. The two of us gave her a curious look.