XV

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

The dress I chose for the occasion was gorgeous. I bought it, and paid hefty for the dress I'd wear only once. It looked like the perfect match for the event that I was about to attend.

It was long, and had slits on each leg, going up almost way too much. It had thin straps and the chest area was also exposed.

Probably way too beautiful for the occasion, but I wanted to piss them off.

My father called me, which I guessed was because mother couldn't be bothered to do it herself, and told me where the engagement party would be held.

It was a venue, one of the many that were famous for its beautiful interior, as well as the price.

By the time I arrived, people were mingling around, talking and having fun. I noticed a few important people, though the rest weren't as interested, or simply not in the field I was interested in.

Millie and Liam were the first one to approach me at the entrance. I could feel the jealousy and venom in the room as she noticed my appearance. She was quick to cover it with a fake smile. I haven't looked at Liam at all.

Sophie once told me that many people thought I disliked them because I wasn't looking at them whilst we talked. I hated looking at people's faces, the ones that I didn't like so my eyes were everywhere but them, and now, everywhere but Liam.

❝You came.❞ Millie said.

❝Was I not supposed to?❞ I retorted.

❝Where is your husband?❞ She questioned. A sly grin tugged on the corners of her mouth, as she probably thought I was lying.

I only brushed away the strand of my hair that fell on my face, and coincidentally, it was the hand with the wedding band on it.

Her eyes went wide. Millie always wanted grandma and grandpa's matching rings to have for herself, but after Nana's passing, grandpa gave them to me. I had grandma's on, while I left the grandpa's with Landon for the evening.

❝You're married?❞ The voice next to her asked, in disbelief. I finally looked at him, and as our eyes locked, he took a small step back.

He no longer saw the clingy, loving girl he once knew. I covered my features with the most venomous and hateful look I could, whilst still smiling.

❝My husband will be a little bit late.❞

Millie nodded her head, while looking at me suspiciously. ❝Let me guide you to your table.❞

❝Thank you.❞ Oh, fuck you, bitch.

Of course, my seat had an empty one next to it. It was at the biggest table. Across from me were my parents, with Millie and Liam next to them.